or Connect

Posts by amyrobynne

Go for it @Michelle Murphy ! I'm curious how they decide what's best. Would they ignore bellies and judge based on everything else? Take the biggest bellied mom who can still walk normally? Find out for us! I was at the YMCA the other day and 2 old ladies (at different times) insisted I was having a boy because of how I'm carrying. They happen to be right, but it was goofy. I'm weirded out to realize that it will be May next week and this baby might actually come in May....
31 weeks
Oh @Activia , I'm so sorry! That's awful in so many ways!  She has clearly lost track of the fact that a shower is to celebrate you and the baby and you're not demanding that people get you anything. Maybe telling her that you'd rather call it off and have a baby party afterwards would help her realize that you aren't forcing people to get things. 
I get nauseated really easily for motion sickness (and do often throw up) and feel pretty nauseated in the 1st tri (but didn't throw up) and I've never thrown up in labor. I totally expected to but didn't. So you never know.
Feeling pretty good about what's getting done here. Maybe not super baby-related but it's stuff that has to happen. I think my husband's starting to feel it too because he's at the hardware store now buying parts to fix 3 bad doors and a broken closet and I haven't mentioned those to him.   I'm nearly done with my last big work project pre-baby (although I do need to tell them that I need to take June/July off - my boss are all across the country and I work from home...
You guys have inspired me to start an Amazon baby registry, although I feel silly since it's baby #4. I don't expect anyone to buy things from it (maybe my mom), but I need to at least have a way to keep track of what I still need and Amazon lets you add stuff from other sites and will give 10% off all Amazon stuff you buy yourself.
My 3rd was my only waterbirth - I was hands and knees leaning over the edge.   My first 2 were born in my bedroom at home, one sitting on the floor, leaning against my dresser. I was on my bed with my 2nd, leaning my arms on a birth ball while on my knees.   As for laboring positions, with my first two, it felt great to sit on the toilet. With my 3rd, I hated it because the a/c was on (at my house) and the vent blew at my legs and was too cold. I've taken naps and...
I homeschool my kids and follow my teacher-husband's schedule. His school's last due is June 6th and my edd is June 21st. I've told the kids we're going until June 6th or whenever the baby comes, whichever comes first. Since that's essentially my day job, things will get simpler at 38 weeks.  My babies were born at 42w2d (#1, when I worked from home starting at 36 weeks and kept going until I finished my project at 40w5d), 40w5 (#2), and 37w1d (#3, for whom I was NOT READY...
My neighbor just put a changing table out on the sidewalk with a free sign and I went over and took it. I've never bothered with a changing table - I usually get one of those concave pads and put it wherever - but I need a dresser or somewhere to put the baby's clothes still, and a free changing table can double as a dresser. Problem solved.
 I think that's the schedule I've had in the past, but at my birth center this time, they stick to every 4 weeks all the way to 36 weeks, then switch to weekly. I like the every 2 weeks during early 3rd trimester approach and was bummed to stick to monthly. Going all the way to June does seem weird - 8 weeks from now is a long time. I went crazy today and accomplished a ton of stuff. I've been tired and sore over the past few days but not today and I ran with it (did some...