or Connect

Posts by aprilv

I saw a website with clothes especially for moms having twins, you could google it. The choices were limited, but better than nothing! Funnily, my sister had twins in December and gave me a bag of maternity clothes before I knew I was having twins too. I totally thought I would never need that huge stuff, haha...
This is my first time ever coming to this forum because we just found out we are having twin boys at our 20 week ultrasound!  I just keep laughing!  We already have 2 boys and I was sort of hoping for a girl, so naturally, twin boys, haha! Name? (if you feel like it)April You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 34 Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? What number of kids will is be for you? 3,4  Sexes? Will you be finding out? boys! EDD...
They draw blood in the office and send you out for ultrasounds.  You can decide which ultrasounds and tests you want after talking each over, they are really supportive and flexible.  
We had puzzles too for the day of the birth, but the best thing we did for our almost 3 year old was to buy a trampoline for the backyard.  It was great and exciting, plus it gave him a safe place to get out his energy and frustration at the big change of becoming a big brother.  And now our boys use it together!  
Years ago, I talked to my sisters about circumcising and my little sister was so outraged by it.  Fast forward 5 years, she is married to a great guy who 'had' to be circumcised at age 12 and it was awful etc, so he thought it might be better to do it early (I really feel for him and the bad experience he had).  And then they found out they were having twin boys!  I knew I had already planted that seed and made my point and so I didn't bring it up to them again (though...
My situation was a bit different, but I also kept nursing after I started to strongly want to wean during my next pregnancy.  I wish i could have nursed longer, BUT I also wish I had honored my body's signal to wean earlier. As it was, the last weeks of nursing were stressful for both of us becaue I was so uncomfortable and put a bit of a damper on what had been a beautiful relationship.   Breastfeeding should continue as long as both mom and baby want it to. Since...
we're here visiting this week from NJ and both my boys came down with fevers today.  i hope they will bounce back on their own, but in case...anyone have a great ped. or family prac doc in the area?  we prefer a doc who is conservative with prescriptions.  thanks so much!
I stand by my post of a year ago!  If I want a mess cleaned up, I may ask for the kids to help, but if they're involved with something else or don't want to help, I do it myself.  I am the one who wants it clean, not them.  If my husband wanted to clean out the garage and I thought it was fine, I'd be mad if he insisted I help instead of doing whatever I had planned.      My back story on this is that growing up, we had chores, things we had to do etc.  My mom and...
At my first labor I had my mother and husband- they did the best they could but had no idea how to really help me.  They mostly felt awful I was in so much pain and had trouble handling that- I wish we had a doula to support us all!   For my second, we had a homebirth with a midwife and her assisant.  What a difference!  The midwife was so calm and knew just what to say and do to make everything seem better.    If you can, I would say having an experienced person...
how much of a reaction is she getting from you when she hits or says she wants to hit?  i'm wondering if this could be an attention getting thing- my kids will sometimes hit each other if they think that will get my attention.  maybe trying to minimize the response would help.