or Connect

Posts by wvmommy

Quote: Originally Posted by jrabbit sleeping through the night is a sham. it doesn't happen til they are 8-9 years old. hell, **I** have never slept through the night!!!!! even pre motherhood! mommy to arthur, erik AND baby juicy!!! born 2-5-09 erika
what is that?? juice has gone from sleeping 1 to 1 1/2 hours at a time to 2 to 3 hours a time, which has made a big difference. i'm able to work now and have been back to work full time this week. it's a little hard to reach around him to type and draw. i'm thinking maybe i should replace my chair with a bench that would have room for the both of us? ideas? and putting him down someplace else isn't an idea, it's a totally different parenting style, so ideas where...
one more note about the breastfeeding, he's blanching the tip of my nipple white on that side and it's killing me! mommy to arthur, erik AND baby juicy!!! born 2-5-09 erika
thanks for all the feedback, you guys! juls, the one thing i hear about AIOs is that they don't want to dry in the dryer. did your friend say anything about that?? they are tempting, but yes, so expensive. vm, i have been looking at mother ease and thinking prefolds with wraps might be the way to go. or contours with wraps?? they have those at mother ease, too. what do you think of contours?? jkuneau, thanks for sling recommendations. i ordered the rebozo...
Quote: Originally Posted by marcitrix I haven't chewed it just popped it into my mouth and swallowed it down.... that's how i'm doing it! i asked my mw (who didn't make the delivery so it turned out to be a UBAC!) to cut it in little pieces and i swallow two a day. she wanted to blend it up but i said no, i wanted to just swallow oyster sized pieces. hey, i've had sashimi! i had her lay it out on parchment to freeze it, then put the fozen...
just a suggestion because it's so much easier: it's not hard just to swallow whole little pieces without chewing, just drop them down the back of your throat. the raw placenta is not gross looking. it looks like fresh beef. it's not gross tasting and just tastes like fresh beef. personally, i think the properties remain more intact without all the processing and it really isn't hard to get down at all. i drop two pieces down my throat each day and find it very easy...
i am hands free with the moby, but it's cumbersome for quick trips to the bathroom or kitchen. i work at home so i'm home all day with juice on my lap. when i want to make a sandwich i'd like to be able to just pop him in something and go make a sandwich. i don't want to have to wrap up in the moby every time i have to pee, you know? if i wore the moby all the time i could use it that way, but then my breasts would not be available as quickly and i like for them to be...
juice and i have been out on the town 3 times so far. i have used the moby wrap which is the only one i have at present, though a mei tai is on the way. i have never and will never tote that bucket! my back hurts enough as it is. i just have my wrap mostly done up and when i get to my destination i put my car seat all the way back, pop him in and truss him up. then i throw a blanket over him until we get inside the restaurant or store. the moby seems to be great for...
juls, thank you! and please, let's talk about cloth diapers. i'm trying to make decisions about this myself and i am so freaking flummoxed. i'm thinking contours and covers? i wonder which are best?? vicky, congratulations! it's sounds like you had a great birth experience: what a blessing! me and juice are doing well. and i did name him juice. juice josiah (ho-siah), josiah meaning 'jevhovah has healed'. i just couldn't change his name after all this time. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by juneau Amen. Daniel's story that breaks my heart. i am so sorry about your son and the way the drs pushed you. it's horrible. xoxoxo mommy to arthur, erik AND baby juicy!!! born 2-5-09 erika