or Connect

Posts by doctorjen

bec - congrats to dh on his triathlon!  Good for him for committing to do it despite crazy schedules.  And I hear you on quiet spectators - I'm always trying to pump up the crowd if I run by quiet ones.  It helps me so much to hear cheers.   tjsmama - awesome job!  Your swim experience is my biggest tri fear since I'm not really a swimmer.  Maybe someday.  What the heck with your garmin, though?!  That is nuts.   zubeldia - Congrats mama!  I meant to comment...
Just a quick fly-by post to wave at Geo from the Columbus airport. And Justin says a particular hi to E! Next stop, the House of Mouse!
I thought I better sneak some time in to post here because we leave for Disney tomorrow and I might not get back here for a week!   Geo - I get the thermal regulation issue with long runs, and also when ever I'm just plain tired.  I have a hard time ever staying warm in the hospital at night if I'm up late for a delivery.  Hydration doesn't seem to matter for me, it seems to be purely related to muscle fatigue.  I'd be interested to see if the Mag helps.  We'll be in...
  2011 Dingo Race Results      babybugmama - Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 8 (First half of Goofy challenge) - 2:21:14 babybugmama - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9 (Completion of Goofy Challenge) - 5:08:02 Nickaroloberry - Disney Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 4:59:14 (PR!) HomeBirthMommy - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 6:12:57 Realrellim - Frosty's Frozen 5 and 10, 10 miles - Jaunary 15 - 1:33:51 Tjsmama - Yeti Chase...
Here's the race list for the June thread. Please PM me if you'd like me to add something for you! : dingo race list : Naughty Dingo - Dances with Dirt Devil's Lake Trail Marathon - July 9 Realrellim - Middle Park Half Marathon - July 9 memiles - Warrior Dash - July 16 Nemesis and dh - Minnesota Warrior Dash - July 23 tjsmama - Courage Classic Bike Tour - July 23-25 Realrellim - Lookout Mountain Triathlon - July 23 MotivatedMama - Beach to Beacon...
I feel like a terrible slacker Dingo lately.  I can't remember when I posted last.  I didn't run for 12 days.  But, I just fixed up the race list and results list, and I ran yesterday, so I'm here to report in!  Take a peak at the lists if you have time and let me know if i'm missing anything.   Realrellim - fantastic job on your race!  I wonder what was up with those volunteers?  Glad you got into your wave in the end.   Gaye - wow - you should have a long bike...
On the school/age thing:  I totally agree with Geo that it'd be great if kids could stay with their age group peers - or even the age group they do best in, and get the instruction they need.  My oldest dd did a grade skip from K to 2.  She's now a junior in high school.  We've continued to have school problems a-plenty over the years, but in her case, none of them seemed to be maturity issues.  She's never struggled to learn material or seemed to need a different level...
bec - congrats!  Wonderful to run pain free!  Bummed that I couldn't do the mini this year, too.   Naughty Dingo - congrats on your run, too!   RR - Somehow, I've managed to run 4 days this week so far, despite the usual life craziness.  I'm wondering if the iron is kicking in, as I definitely feel stronger - paces that were pushing it feel a lot easier now.  Tonight, I did 4.23 outside in shorts and a t-shirt for the first time in forever in a relatively quick...
  2011 Dingo Race Results      babybugmama - Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 8 (First half of Goofy challenge) - 2:21:14 babybugmama - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9 (Completion of Goofy Challenge) - 5:08:02 Nickaroloberry - Disney Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 4:59:14 (PR!) HomeBirthMommy - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 6:12:57 Realrellim - Frosty's Frozen 5 and 10, 10 miles - Jaunary 15 - 1:33:51 Tjsmama - Yeti Chase...
Here's the race list for the May thread. Please PM me if you'd like me to add something for you! : dingo race list : mommajb - Carmel Marathon - June 11 bec - Naperville Triathlon - June 12 tjsmama - Loveland Lake to Lake Triathlon - June 25 Realrellim - Grand Park Run for Independence - July 2 Naughty Dingo - Dances with Dirt Devil's Lake Trail Marathon - July 9 Realrellim - Middle Park Half Marathon - July 9 memiles - Warrior Dash - July...