or Connect

Posts by library lady

My 2.5 year old still needs to be nursed or held to sleep a lot of the time and so does my 10 month old. In the grand scheme of things, 11 weeks old is still really tiny. I don't think I would worry about it. You have our permission to hold your baby and rock your baby to sleep for as long as you want. My 5 year and my 8 year old can put themselves to sleep so there is proof that helping them to sleep until they are 2 or 3 is not going to ruin them or spoil them.
Big hugs! You are doing the right thing. Don't let anybody try to convince you to sweep everything under the rug and move on. My brother was cut off from the rest of us for several years due to him being abusive. After a while, we all kissed and made up. Long story short, he was an ass, is an ass, and will always be an ass. Once he got back into everyone's good graces, he started being a jerk again. Right now, he is in prison due to his being an asshole. He was...
I have had 3 homebirths with Chris Duffy. She will do VBAC's and she is also really good about working with you on payments. She is great about low/no intervention. I highly recommend her for a host of reasons. I would recommend calling her and explaining the situation.
Prevention is usually the best thing when it comes to dealing with kids. Most of the situations that you list can be avoided or turned into something fun. If he is tossing toys around the room, get a box and let him toss things into the box. If he won't leave a public place to go home, you discuss why you need to leave and give him the choice of walking or being carried. It is really difficult for a 2.5 year old to do transitions. If he refuses to change his...
Porter/Kingwood
If you don't have time to actually go to the store, perhaps you could sit down with him and look at toys on the internet. My DD would nag me about going to the store to look at toys so I asked her if we could do it on the computer instead. This has been a great way towindow shop and give my DD one on one time without actually going to the store. Another thing to try is model their behavior back to them by coming up with a silly question and repeatedly ask them the...
My 4 mo needs lots of love and attention. I can put her down for short spurts when she is sleeping. Until recently, I could put her down in the bassinet or little kicking chair or swing. Now, she wants constant interaction. She is starting to laugh and roll over. She is trying to sit up and do all sorts of things and she needs mom more than ever. My advice is to give your little one lots of love and attention. In no time at all, they get big and no longer want mom...
I've caught snippets of the infomercial and I think it is ridiculous. It seems like a money making scheme.
We have a routine where everyone goes to the potty before we leave. I try to time it so that my almost 5 yo is on the potty while I am washing my hands so she will hear the running water.
Look around for xbox games that might be appropriate. There are also some really good computer games out there too. Is there a particular character or theme that your daughter likes? If so, get her anything with that theme/character. My 4 year old loves to shop so I have given her dates with mom where I just take her shopping and let her pick out a few things on her own. If she loves the park, you could get her some cool sun glasses or a picnic basket to...