or Connect

Posts by indigosky

Just to clarify, my DP feels that what I plan to say doesn't go nearly far enough -- he feels the conversation needs to be more like, "Please stop kissing my kids on the lips and never do it again." (Said more politely, perhaps. :-)) With ongoing reminders as needed, forevermore.
When he greets people my dad kisses everyone on the lips. I mean EVERYONE. His straight male married friends, his married female friends, his gay male friends, his mother, his adult children (including me). His boundaries related to children and touching are otherwise "normal" -- as a child he never touched me (or my sister or brother as far as I'm aware) inappropriately in any way. DP feels it's inappropriate for male relatives to kiss grandchildren (our kids are both...
But isn't breastmilk the highest calorie, fattiest food there one would ever feed a baby? Aren't there way more calories in breastmilk than rice cereal? I don't know enough about how much bit matters that your baby dropped in the percentiles -- that's a medical question and I don't know if your pediatrician is making too big a deal out of it or whether there's real reason to worry. But I know I had friends whose pediatricians were pushing them to introduce solid foods...
I'm curious, those of you who have years of experience packing lunches for school. Do you pack pretty much the same thing every day? Or does it change day to day? My DD will be entering kindergarten, but I've been packing lunches for camp for her this summer and I'm finding it way too time-consuming. I recently heard someone comment about kids liking the consistency of lunch being totally predictable and wondered if that's my key to making the prep process go faster. Then...
We had this same problem and found that bibs that tied were our favorite -- our DD ripped some snaps open, too. We found gorgeous tie bibs on Etsy -- search for "bapron" or "bib apron".
The preemie diapers listed for sale at Green Mountain Diapers and Cotton Babies are 9.5x13 or 9x11 when washed. This is quite a bit smaller. Maybe a doll diaper or burp rag!
Someone gave my sister-in-law a diaper that looks like a prefold but it's tiny -- it measures about 6.5" x 11". What is it??? I checked Green Mountain Diapers but I don't see anything listed this small.
For years I've been wondering what other people do to clean up: 1) pee on a kitchen (linoleum) floor 2) pee on a rug 3) poop on a kitchen floor 3) poop on a rug We also have hardwood floors in our house but let's stick with those four options for simplicity -- they seem to be where most of the pee and poop accidents happen! No need to show off -- if you use fancy products/supplies I'm interested, but right now I've just been wiping puddles off the kitchen floor with a...
Just wanted to confirm that we have Hallmark baby books for both kids (classy 3 ring binders) and they did come standard with extra pages for a second mommy of daddy that can be added or removed if needed. We don't have twins, but I wanted to chime in and say that I LOVE that my mom gave me my baby book when I was "launched" as an adult, sometime before having kids. I pull it out sometimes to see how my first teeth, first words, etc. compare to my kids. If I'd been a twin...
Wow, I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around how you do this. It sounds like you have a big age gap like we do (4 years in our case). So the older child got used to all toys being theirs. What do you do about things like wooden blocks, kids' musical instruments (tambourines, shakers, etc), puppets, little people/animals? In our house they seem like they are solidly in the "used to be DD1's but now need to be shared with DD2" category. No need to get the second child her...