or Connect

Posts by indigosky

Yay! I'm so relieved! I was reading such awful stuff about the Baby Bjorn, and it seemed like a very similar position to the one we've been using. DD will be so happy, and me too. :-)
My dd (4 months) MUCH prefers to be worn face out instead of face in -- she'll allow me to wear her an unlimited amount of time face out, but will only last a short while face in. This has been the case since she was about 2 months old, despite experimenting with lots of different carriers, walking/moving, practice to see if she'd adjust, etc. She is desperate to see the world! My question is this: I've read that carriers where the baby is "dangling," supported...
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeysRUs http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html The above link has some great info. That article is great. Thanks, everyone, for your insights!
I guess I'm just a whiner ... after almost a month of fairly consistent only-once-a-night wakings I'm spoiled!
When she was about 2 months old, dd got to the point that she was waking up only once each night (yay!). Then I got a bad cold, and then she caught it from me, so for a few weeks she was waking up much more frequently. She's 3 1/2 months old now, and we've both been healthy for a couple weeks, but she's getting up twice each night and shows no sign of going back to her old ways. I'm not complaining -- it could be much worse -- but golly, I'd love to go back to only one...
I believe BG says their OS diapers fit starting at 8 pounds. My experience is that even that is a bit of a stretch -- they start fitting better closer to 9 pounds or so. I didn't realize this when DD was born (she weighed 6 pounds 6 oz) -- we tried BumGeniuses on her right away, and had so many leaks and explosions that DP took to calling them "BumStupids." Prefolds and covers worked best for us until she got bigger. DP likes BG fine now that DD is bigger and they...
Wow, I'm surprised that's the solution for front-carries. It seems like the sleep hood really cuts into my neck, so I figured that couldn't be right. But I guess it is!
OK, I'm feeling very foolish, so I still need more help. How do those D-rings hold the hood up over the head of a sleeping baby? Oh, wait a minute. I see how it works for a back-carry. But how about for a front-carry? If I wear my LO on my front, can I use the sleep hood? Do I hook the straps over my shoulders and then down through the D-rings? Somehow that doesn't seem right...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky Hmmm, can you take a picture? There have to be d-rings to thread the straps through if you have the long straps. Take another look -- there should be both male and female snap parts on the straps, and d-rings slightly above chest level on the shoulder straps. Yes, I can take a picture, although not until later -- busy day here. In the meantime... Oops, you're right -- the straps have both male and female...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky What does it look like? My guess is that you have the latest iteration of the NG Ergo, which has five female snaps on shorter straps, that you snap to the single male snap piece on the webbing on the shoulder straps. No, there are 13 female snaps on each of the sleep hood straps. I don't see any male snap on the shoulder straps.