or Connect

Posts by TinyMama

Okay...here's the report after one full week in first grade.   Overall, it has gone really well.  DD is absolutely thrilled to have math homework (although it obviously is not challenging to her--the teacher gave her the test from the first chapter, which DD had not been present for, and she got 100%).  She also seems to enjoy the increased amount of writing, which she is very good at.   Socially it is a bit bumpy, but I'm hopeful that it will work itself out....
I don't know much about Lexile scores, but I do give reading assessments (we end up with a guided reading level instead of Lexile).  Obviously I don't know your DD at all, but I can tell you two factors that sometimes contribute to a lower reading level than expected.   First of all, some teachers do not go above a certain level for a certain grade.  I know, I know--but you do get those rigid ones who just say, "This is as far as I'm going.  Further will not give me...
Thank you all for the replies.  The funny thing here is that DD doesn't know it's happening, so it is truly just MY nerves!  I think she will be delighted to find out that she is moving to first.   Geofizz, I think a transition plan is a great idea. The principal seems to think that introducing her to the teacher the day before will be enough of a plan.  I disagree.  What I originally asked for was a week of half day first grade (I know...I was pushing my luck!).  My...
I haven't asked for DD to be skipped.  I brought her to the school's attention last year, with the intention of pointing out that she will need some serious differentiation.  (Mostly I just wanted to get the best teacher!)  They tested her, and have now decided to skip her.  She's been in K for 3 weeks.   I guess I'm concerned that now, after transitioning to a new school, she's going to have another transition.  And she's young--she just turned 5 in May.     Can...
Julie--I'm ready to give up too.  I haven't done as much ART as most people here, but what I did was enough for me.  (Just 2 medicated IUI's.)  I have a 5yo DD, and we got her because DH had a varicocelectomy and the stars must have been perfectly aligned.     I'm not sure what will fill the void of obsessing.  So far I'm trying to move my career beyond where I am now, and that seems to be working to some extent.  DH and I have both also been focusing on the great...
So, DD is slated to start K this fall. Because of her advanced academic skills, I have met with the principal, and wrote an official letter asking for her to be tested.  The principal was nice, and receptive, and told me that she would consider all options.  The testing people wrote back that DD will be tested in the fall.  (As a PS teacher myself, I know that this is illegal in this state.  However, I'm letting it go...for now.)   DD was called in last month to...
Thank you, Sila and Deborah.  I mentioned acupuncture to DH and he said that he would be willing to try it.  It may be invasive and stressful for him, but it gives me a break!  
Hmmm...no, he hasn't.  I could suggest it, although he hates needles.  He does owe me, though, since I did 2 medicated IUI's!
So...I'm out.  :(  Today is 13 dpiui, and I have my period.  I don't even think I'll go for blood tomorrow am.   We're done now--we have done 2 iui cycles, which is 1 more than we were planning on doing.  We have a 5yo DD, and have decided to just be at peace (hahaha, I know...).   I'm wondering, though, if you ladies would share your best LOW or NO stress ways of continuing to try, while knowing that there is virtually no way to conceive.  Because I don't think...
Hi, ladies.  I don't usually post, but I think I'll be here this month.    I'm TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.  I'm on CD 4, and day 2 of injectables for an IUI.  I do feel a bit I'm just shooting myself with this crap for nothing, because honestly IVF with ICSI is probably our best chance, but here I am anyway. I've only done 2 injections, and I already look pregnant and can't stand the feeling of leaning over.  Sigh.  Anyway, hi!