or Connect

Posts by TinyMama

Thanks for the suggestions!     Tigerle, I hadn't even thought of getting a rocket-building kit.  That's a great idea.  I have also had the adult-material on youtube problem.  I'm not sure why there are so many naked people in videos with planet titles, but there are.  Sheesh.  We do watch launches on NASA's website, and the NYTimes has had almost daily space news lately.   Bekka, that's an excellent idea.  I actually just downloaded an app that shows the stars...
DD, 4.5, is very into space right now.  She announced tonight that if we don't get her new space books, she is going to start re-reading the Rainbow Fairies.  Ahhhh!!!   Here's what we've done so far.  I'd love any additional suggestions!  DD is reading at about a 3rd grade level.   --borrowed full set of True Books about the planets --DVD of the repair of the Hubble --book of the repair of the Hubble --Magic Tree House Moon book, and Space NF...
I am working on conquering my phobia of talking to other moms.  :)  Funny thing is that I'm really very comfortable in large groups where I know some people.  But my DH, who is ridden with social anxiety, has shown me up several times lately when we've been in gatherings of parents from DD's preschool class, and I'm realizing that I do tend to stand to the side and just observe.  DD wants playdates with other kids, so I've been pushing myself to talk to different...
Hi ladies--does anyone know how bad this will be?  Today is my first day not taking progesterone after my failed iui, and I feel AWFUL.  Horrible intense headache, dizzy, and a backache.  Any advice?  I've been spotting for a few days, so I've been feeling like my period has been waiting to come anyway.  But now I just feel like impending doom...
Thanks so much for the info!   renavoo, I'm not taking it orally--it's a suppository.  And I feel better hearing that it just boosts my natural levels.  I have no issues, it's all male factor.  But since we went through all of this, I'm feeling so icky about taking MORE stuff, y'know?  Finally feeling like the Gonal-f is out of me, and the insemination is over, and just not looking forward to taking yet another round of drugs.   monkeyscience, I'm frustrated too...
I'm joining so that I can brag.  :)   DD4 has just about exhausted the Rainbow Fairy series, thank goodness.  Ivy and Bean is also winding down.  We'll need to work hard now to find some new books that are on her reading level and that are appropriate.  My mom has started reading the Ramona books with her, and the early ones seem to be okay.  Not sure if she'll be interested when Ramona is older.  She's writing letters to friends and family all the time, and can...
Hi ladies--I've never been here before, although I belong.  :)  Hope that's okay!   I have a 4yo, who was pretty much a miracle--DH has a very poor count/quality/motility.  We had just been told that we would have to do IVF with ICSI when I got pregnant with her.  We're trying for #2, and I'm in the middle(?) of my first (and probably only) IUI cycle.  Just had an ICI yesterday morning, and an IUI this morning.  The RE gave me progesterone to take, and I'm a little...
Just noticed what you said about their educational philosophy.  Yeah...I don't know of any district in my state right now that wouldn't take and use a SmartBoard if it were offered.  Schools are pretty pro-technology right now.  As teachers, it's almost impossible to say no to new technology without being branded as a technophobe.  I'm so glad they didn't offer me one this year.  
Well...as a teacher, I will say that the SmartBoard can be addictive.    I don't have one, but several teachers in my hall at school do have them, and they frequently will show a streaming video to capture the kids' interest before starting something.  I do it too, on my tv, but less often because it's not quite so accessible (my computer is linked to the tv, and I usually have something on the screen that I don't want to close).  Usually the clips are between 1 and 5...
Okay, I can totally see how she is gaining fluency with the Rainbow Magic books.  Also, these are the first longer books that she's been motivated to read all the way through (and then through again, and again, and again...).  I hope they are a gateway drug, although I'm not quite sure what they're a gateway to.  I will definitely try Magic Kitten/Magic Pony books next.  She doesn't seem interested in Magic Treehouse, although I've tried a couple of those.  The Boxcar...