or Connect

Posts by childsplay

You mentioned that she was an older woman, maybe she has a medical problem, like Altzhiemer's or Dementia, maybe she's in the early stages of this? That might explain the repeated yelling, she may not conciously realize that she's doing it so much. As in, each time she notices your DD her mind may think, Oh no, I must warn that child, she shouldn't be on the busy street! Even though the street is clearly not busy, in her mind it may well be (as she could be mixing it up...
Stepbrothers. It's pee-your-pants funny with a good dose of Will Ferrell.
               and    
  IRL, I've only heard the word vulva in conversation once (and that was by a drunk woman who may or may not have been trying to say Volvo).   I have however heard vagina, vag, downstairs, lady locker, and the batcave all at least once this month.   And I hear weiner and nuts many times during the day.            
  I'm picturing a potato shooter for some reason???
I haven't read all the replies but IMO, your 7 y/o sounds bored. When my 7's and 8 y/o start teasing, bickering, fighting and picking at the younger kids and each other I've learned (after a LONG haul) that the key is age appropriate structure. 7 is a funny age, they're not really little kids anymore, but they're not quite big kids either. With mine, privacy, personal space, and alone time is quite important, they will spend time in their rooms reading, building,...
Thanks ladies : ) We spoke with the kids yesterday, but since we have yet to confirm with the new school we left it open. We just asked them "how do you all feel about heading back to ______ school? " to which they all answered not good, and various grievences about not having any friends and no one to play with, everyone is mean,etc. and "what would make you guys feel happier or less worried? " which they answered 'go to a different school', 'do school at home' and...
  Yes. We're going to talk with them tonight and see how they feel. I just feel like I've worked my butt off arranging playdates, planning parties and so on and for what? Where this summer they've made a new group of friends will little effort on my part, these new friends are nice, their folks are nice, and we've been splitting the playdates and driving almost 50/50. I just don't want to hear my son coming home from school crying that everyone hates him or telling me...
We've had 5 birthday parties since the kids have been in school, 3 for older DS which is one per year, and 2 for the twins (one for turning 6, one for turning 7) . And I definately don't expect everyone to invite them back but when their so called best friends have birthday parties and invite most of the classmates - the ones who live in the same neighborhood - but exclude my kid I think it's strange. They do play at school, we had some bullying issues in the past but...
Currently my three youngest are enrolled in a great little school where they'll be starting grades 2 and 3. I love the school, it's small, on a wooded lot, great teachers and small class sizes. DS has an IP already planned for him. However, the social aspect is pretty bad. We live outside the school neighborhood for starters so our kids can't just 'go over to a friend's to play' without special arrangements, transportation etc being made. Since being in that school...