or Connect

Posts by childsplay

DS (8) seems to be getting out of the toy stage, once in a while he'll pick up his beyblades or some lego but then he won't touch it again for weeks. Maybe because it's summer? I don't know, I'm not complaining though : )   He still plays, just not with toys. He uses/plays with his bike, swims in the pool, plans and builds booby traps, sails his boat, fishes, shoots his pellet gun at targets, plays in his treehouse, reads, flies his kite and runs all over...
We did it, not in an RV though, on a boat, with young kids (infants and toddler) off and on for five years. So similar space-wise and also nomadic. It WAS a lot of work but so well worth it. Kids that young don't have to be tied down to one spot. They don't need school, preschool, sports teams, lessons etc at that age that you need to be home for. We would visit the local libraries in the various communities we ended up in, the kids would partake in storytimes and such,...

For me it really was 'that bad'. It was not glamorous, it was not fun. It was hard, brutally hard. Years later when I was married and had three kids under two I never felt the exhaustion, frusteration and heartache I did when I was 17 with one wee baby. It ticks me off to see the rag mags filled with pics of the 'teen moms' (from the show) they're all done up, they look pretty good and you know they're making a whack of cash. It's not reality yet it's in the face of...
Honestly, when I read your title OP, I was expecting you to describe a raggedy, matted hair, filthy child who wanders out of the woods on a regular basis scavenging for food through your compost bin, and jabbers incoherently due to being raised by wolves or oppossums or something. Not a well fed kid with a good roof over her head who just happens to annoy the heck out of you. The child you're describing is certainly not feral, just annoying and mostly...
  She kept the bouncy chair and diaper bag on the front passenger seat, so I don't know (and neither did she) if she knocked the gear shift down while wrestling it out or if it was just simply massive sleep deprivation and stress (she had only been leaving him with me for about a month at that time and wasn't happy about having to cut her mat leave and nursing short due to financial issues : ( 
I think the risk of leaving unsupervised children and babies in a running car in a large store (Target) parking lot would far outweigh the risk of a shelf falling on them. And the reasoning that the baby will end up screaming all afternoon is ridiculous. She was in TARGET for goodness sakes, not just popping into the local country market for a quart of milk, or running to an ATM. She was out of sight and earshotand left her 5 y/o completely responsible for not only...
  The car was running. That is what scares me. I've had four 5 y/o's of my own in my life as a parent so far, and I know without a doubt that if I had left any one of them in my car with it running that there would be a VERY strong chance of one of them climbing up front to put the radio on, put a cd in, raid my gum stash in the glove compartment, look for a toy that they think is up there and so on. They would do this simply because they're 5 and free from the...
Wow. So the car was actually running? Does she truly believe that her 5 y/o WON'T at some point decide to unbuckle himself and climb up front? Heck, I still hesitate leaving my 17 y/o in my running car- and he drives now! ( I do though)   Two years ago one of my daycare parents came to drop off their baby (7 m/o) she brought his bag and chair in first and left babe in the car with it running. It wasn't in park and rolled, backwards, across my sloped driveway and over...
Hi, I'm just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of Canadian online carseat buying? I need a Marathon and they're pricey here in stores. Are there any cheaper online stores? TIA : )