or Connect

Posts by childsplay

I had no problem with my kid's grandfather taking them for a ride on the lawnmower with the blades off. Now though, he's got so many grandkids that he just hooks a trailer to it and drags them all around in that. They love it!
The first - and last - no gift birthday party my kids (and I) attended was awkward. My kids couldn't understand it, no matter what kind of 'happy-earth-friendly-spin' I tried to put on it they had already written off the kid's parents as "so mean" . The birthday boy wasn't buying it either and spent the last half hour of the party crying. He didn't want to open the cards that his friends had brought, and he certainly didn't seem to care at all about the food bank...
When my kids were toddlers they were almost always barefoot. If were were somewhere that shoes were nesessary they wore shoes, if not, they didn't. Even now they go barefoot as much as possible, I keep a basket of flip flops in the car for that reason : )   OP- I've only read your first two posts in this thread, it sounds as though your neighbor has a serious grudge against you, or, she has entirely too much time on her hands, or both. I just can't understand calling...
We have no curtains here. I love the natural light, and we have nice mouldings around the windows that DH painstakingly installed so I really didn't want to cover them. Growing up we had drapes and they were pretty high maitenance. There were the 'winter drapes' which were heavy and dark, and the 'summer drapes' which were light and airy. Four times a year we'd wash and iron them. We'd also vacum them. Sometimes we'd mend them. And there was always talk of getting new...
Maybe it was a space issue? Or cost? What I would do is call and say "hey I've got a gift here for so-in-so, when would be a handy time to drop it off?"  and see what happens from there. Also, are you 100% positive you're NOT invited? I know I've gotten upset before thinking my kids have been excluded from parties only to find invitations in the bottom of schoolbags, buried in junk mail or email invites in my junk file. : )
I wouldn't even feed into it. If someone's going to post on FB that they're planning on doing CIO then they're obviously trying to cause controversy. I mean, why the heck else would someone post that?? She's looking for drama, I'd just roll my eyes and move on.
I had my oldest when I was 17, then years later I had three kids in two years, so at both points in my 'new' parent life I was a target for advice, both wanted and unwanted, as well as comments, lots of negative of course, but lots of really awesome postive, kind stuff too that I didn't always realize in the heat of the moment : )   I think with my first it was simply because I was, and looked so young. Sometimes it would bother me, like when he was crying and I was...
I feel bad for the kids, first their Father moves out, then some guy moves in, next they're ousted from their bedrooms (rooms that most likely provided them with comfort, privacy and security) so strangers could move in - which says to me that the kids are pretty much lowest on the scale of importance in that household - then they're made to share a bed with yet another stranger, albeit one they're age who is playing the role of what? Stepbrother?  Anyone who's saying...
Here's my only experience, a couple years ago I had a white haired, blue eyed, Latvian child in my care. The first time my DS met him he was in awe. DS whispered to me " He's white. This is my first white person"  (not in a mean way mind you) All along he thought we were beige. (we're Scottish/French 'white' but my kids grew up around a lot of different races - except white apparently )    As for your DD, can you start visiting places where there would be a more...
I'm keeping it simple this summer with my gaggle of toddlers (my own older kids are in sailing school : )   - I drew a racetrack on the driveway with sidewalk chalk and they love racing around it on their bikes and trikes - Hopscotch - I set up the wading pool and added one of those small Little Tykes slides for extra fun - We do craft time outdoors at the picnic table - Watertable play with little boats, cups, etc - Sidewalk chalk (they like to trace each...