or Connect

Posts by childsplay

What they said....smoothies! I swear, if it wasn't for smoothies and those little instant oatmeal packages, my kids would have just wasted away! They'll eat anything, just miniscule amounts of it, in infrequent stages.... We just tried a new smoothie last night....chocolate! We used chocolate soy milk, one over ripe frozen banana (defrosted for 20 sec. for peeling purposes) some frozen peach slices, vanilla yogurt (again, frozen as it was about to expire...) and an egg....
We lived without refridgeration for five months in Cuba on our previous boat. This was before the little ones came along. We had a good sized ice box which we re-insulated and glassed before we left the U.S. I kept two planter sized 'gardens' aboard, where we grew fresh herbs, sprouts, and cherry tomatos. Turned out I needn't have gone through the trouble as fresh veggies were abundant. We kept a clay jug filled with our daily drinking water in the bilge, it stayed cool,...
We've tried a few, including a 'First Years', 3-in 1 , which I hated, the pot was tiny, set too far back, and more than one of my children landed on their bums on the floor after hopping on the thing to quickly....we also had a little plastic seat that fit over the toilet seat, but unfortunately wouldn't fit a marine toilet, so that was recycled too. What we ended up getting was the Baby Bjorn potty. It's such a simple design, just the chair, and a good sized pot. It was...
I don't like that term either, nor do I believe it. Just don't listen to it, it's so negative, I mean if it's labeled, then that's what it is. I enjoyed two, especially with my twins, it was when they were two that they really started playing together (and fighting lol!) and really taking notice of the other little person. I like how mobile they are at two, ready for nature walks and exploring, learning new words and phrases, starting to express likes and...
Not gross to me, I've bought a used potty before, just washed it up and it was good to go! Besides, it's only kid-poop....not like it was used as a public urinal or something. I'm more grossed out at the thought of buying something new for $20 or more when I could buy the same or better for a couple bucks...
I use an old fashioned washboard. Space is an issue for us living aboard, so a wringer was out of the question. We do however have a small bathtub where I do my daily wash. A good idea is to do a load a day, this way it won't pile up higher and higher until it threatens to consume you and everyone involved lol! The washboard has been like a dream, it beats rubbing my knuckles raw on dirty clothes. A good scrub brush is handy too, for spotty stains and denim. As for...
We used them, and loved them. It allowed them so much more freedom than a stroller, and handholding was next to impossible with three active little ones. Living on a boat we opted for the marine safety harnesses, but used them on land...well anywhere really. In a pinch I've even looped a braided line through a belt loop. I don't use them as often on land anymore, as we don't frequent crowded areas/amusement parks, etc...often and the children are getting a bit...