or Connect

Posts by childsplay

That's offensive. Your basically saying that because she didn't report the fact that she was raped that she's irresponsible and apt to let strange men look after your daughter? Wow, that poor woman, you don't know what her situation was like back then, and why she didn't report it, so you using it as a weapon against her is just victimizing her all over again.   And what does her husband have to do with it? My advice would be to actually meet him first before making...
I have three kids pretty close too (DS-8 and twins are 7) and what I learned when they were younger was let the playdates come to you. It's way more easier to deal with the chaos on your own turf. Can you get some play equiptment for your backyard? And a spot for you to sit and nurse, or chat with a friend while the kids run crazy?   Best luck, that's all I can write now....soccer pick up time : )
No snark intended but what's stopping her from driving down and simply taking the child back? What's the family going to do? Call the police? Get violent with her? What? The police won't do anything, she's his mom after all and there's no legal agreement saying the father has custody or even visitation.   And how does he expect to support this child? By working part time at walmart? Right. Good luck, I hope her child's home soon : )
Mine still do it sometimes and it drives me nuts. The ants don't mind it though, nor does the dog. I finally had to get mean though, if I saw them wandering with food I took it. Even if it was a super delicious cookie. But most days I've got 9 or 10 kids under 17 in my house, if I'm not iron fisted about certain things I'd be living in a trash heap.   They have loads of places they can eat thoough, at the table, the bar, or the island in the kitchen, or any of the...
Since it's a funny, lighthearted play could you give a silly wave or something from the ground to reassure your DS?   Also, when you write it out it DOES sound harsh - but in the moment it would probably be just what it's intended to be, lighthearted, funny : )
No, I haven't, but I'm also reasonably sane too so that might have something to do with it.   I have however taken the batteries out, it's easy, and far less traumatizing to the kids.
If you see that it's raining out, please send raingear with your child when you drop them off for daycare!!! (And when it's hot and sunny - send SHORTS!!!)   If your child does a massive poop at the indoor playground, please, please just change him. ASAP.   When you go to school you need to wear shoes. Footwear. Of some sort. ( 'cause I'm dropping you off anyway regardless of your feet situation)   If someone is trying to turn left in heavy traffic, let them...
My 8 1/2 y/o ds is pretty intense, however before he hit 7 he still had that carefree-I-don't-give-a-hoot-what-others-think-attitude. Heck when he was 6 he did a 5 minute long interpretive dance in front of his entire school, and at church he'd get down right in the middle aisle, complete with half flips and spins. We really never knew where he'd break out dancing, it was pretty awesome. He would skip, run, and dance everywhere, when he asked questions he'd get that huge...
We've done A LOT of long road trip with our kids, usually 3 or more days (once we did an 8 day trip) and I can't stress enough how awful day two is if you've pulled an all-nighter driving and the kids have slept and are full of energy. By 10 am you will be stabby.   We did the all night thing once when our kids were 2 & 3 and I'd rather not go at all than do that again.   What worked here was to leave in the morning, around 6 am and drive until 6 or 7 pm with...
  I don't shower in front of them, for years I showered before they got up, and still do most days, around 6:30-7ish, which was nice because it was so quiet. Once in a while one of them would be up early so I'd just let him/her snuggle in my bed and watch cartoons until I was finished. As for the bathroom privacy thing, I'm not saying there's never been a time where I've quickly peed in the same bathroom that one of them (as toddlers) were brushing their teeth or having...