or Connect

Posts by childsplay

Is it safe for him to play outside? If so I'd let him, for short periods while you watched from inside until he learns the boundaries.   It's been my experience with boys (and girls) that age that the more you try and ban something (or lock it up) the more curious they are and they'll double their efforts to satsfy their curiosity.  
  Yes and I'm not sure if the kid was a minor? Which might have something to do with it. Also, what another parent suggested was that the police might be planning a huge drug sweep therefore don't want any unnessessary attention brought upon the school/suspects/etc... Though we still haven't heard anything. BUT it is a senior high school in a suburban area and I don't think they have a set policy in place for guns.   This sort of thing has happened before - DS was...
Nice. And I didn't hear about it until today why?? It happened two days ago. Apparently there was a mini drug war going on in the school and a kid brought in a shotgun to try and settle it. The students were locked into their classrooms while the guy was taken away and the school was searched.   And none of this made the news.   AND my DS only mentioned it today because his G/F brought it up.   When I asked him WHY he didn't think to mention it to me when I...
I'm a daycare provider and I've sent home notes like that. I've also taped sheets of looseleaf to the diaper bags with MITTS! or HAT! or DIRTY CLOTHES INSIDE! after asking nicely for days on end.   It's frusterating to try and run your day, organize the children and keep them safe if only half of them are dressed properly, as well, it's unfair to the kids who do have warm clothes to have to stay inside because someone once again doesn't have boots or a...
My mother bought a bag of undies for DD for back-to-school, she got them at one of those discount warehouse type stores and was just thrilled that she scored 5 pairs for $3.99. Anyway, two of the pairs were 'ok' but the other three were awful. We were hysterical (laughing) holding them up reading them - "2 cute 4 U" with big lipsticky kisses all over the bum of them, or "Purrr-fect!" with a slutty catoon cat on the bum, and " Bee Mine" with two starry eyed, sexy...
I've lost my DS's name before. And he's 8. It just went right out of my head. One minute I open my mouth to tell him to come brush his teeth, the next I'm standing there midsentence completely confused. Like WHO? I couldn't find his name and I couldn't picture his face, it was like I was in a fog, a prickly fog. It seemed to go on forever but in reality it wasn't more than a long blank pause. Then bang, I'm back to earth, everything looked sharper,and I was shaky, I call...
Oh that picture gave me the chills!   But seriously, I'd rather live across the street from the guy WITH the sign than the guy without....that way, at least I'd know right?
The toothbrush holder thingy. I've never had one until I met DH so I guess I was ignorant to the mysteries of the toothbrush holder. One day I caught a whiff of something nasty in our bathroom but passed it off as well....just normal bathroom stuff. It persisted. Turns out it was the rotten, spitty, toothpasty, water in the bottom of the fancy little cup of which toothbrushes so jauntily sat. Now I clean it every couple days. It was rank. Seriously rank.
I thought the same thing until I started repainting. My walls are freakishly dusty. I wish they were canvas rather than wood/gyproc/etc.....then I could just give them a good shake and be done with it.  
Nunu? Sounds like the name for someone's Grandmother.   How weird. I'd be more weirded out at the fact the mother so haughtily 'corrected' your child by way of her child. I'd have called HER a nunu ; ) (the mother, not the child)   In our home it's definately not a bad word, it's just a body part name, no big deal to the kids, BUT, I still find it funny. I honestly cannot say it, or penis for that matter without an inward giggle or snicker. I've always said ,...