or Connect

Posts by tygrss

Kale chips. I could eat them all.day.long.
I checked my brew today (Day 11) and decided to go ahead bottle it. It's still pretty sweet, but not overbearingly so. Plus, I wanted to do a secondary fermentation on half of it. My baby SCOBY is about 1/4 inch thick and easily separated from the mother so I now officially have to two of them. Woohoo! I'm so proud. :) I plan to start a new batch tomorrow with green tea.   Thanks for the replies. :)
I'm brewing my first batch of Kombucha (I usually just buy the GT brand and call it a day). Anyhow, today is day 8 of brewing. It's just starting to look like a baby is trying to form so I was going to wait a couple of more days before messing with it. I've heard that some people brew as short as 6 days and have a full-blown baby form. No way that's happening over this way, which I assume has to be due to the lower temp that I have going on (my home is between 70 and 72...
I don't follow TF, per se. However, I do juice. I just wanted to comment that you don't have to throw the pulp away.  I freeze it so that I can use it for other things in the kitchen. For instance, I put it in soups, drop it into smoothies, use it to make stocks, etc.   Also, if you do decide to juice, I recommend a slow, masticating juicer so that you get a higher quality juice and are able juice more greens. The exception, of course, is if you intend to mostly...
  This is exactly us! We aren't anti-meat. I just believe that a predominantly plant-based diet is much healthier than a predominantly meat/animal-based diet.   Thanks for the meal ideas. I'm definitely going to look into the Indian-style potato cake idea. I haven't made those in years!   Thanks!
    Exactly. I had typed out a response, but it wasn't nearly as nice as yours.      
I'll definitely check it out. Looks interesting.
Thanks for the replies. I think that the kiddos are slowly coming around. We ate veggie several days this week and the days that we did have meat it was a very small amount. Hopefully, it's signs of good things to come.   Yuuichi: Thanks for your concern, but your reply was completely out of line and off base. If you don't have something useful to say......
Hi everyone.   I'm currently in the process of transitioning my family towards a mostly vegetarian diet. The goal isn't to be 100% vegetarian (more like 80%). That said, if we become 100% veggie then that's fine too. :) Anyhow, it's not difficult for ME to do because I was vegetarian for for several years in my youth (late high school through most of college). My husband couldn't care one way or another as long as it tastes good (I just have to wean him off of so...
I have KAL brnd Nutritional Yeast flakes. There is nothing artificial and is cultured on molasses. It's also gluten free.