or Connect

Posts by greymama

Thank you. That's interesting. But as I said to my acquaitance, in my opinion alot of the anti-vax info has come from sources who have not had training in immonology and/or infectious diseases. I have seen sources who are M.D.'s but have not seen their CV info that tells me where they did their fellowship in immunology/infectious diseases. I was not able to find Dr. Wysong's educational bio on the web, and that's important to me when making decisions that affect my...
I'm just curious. I was having a discussion with an aquaintance today, who is not a mother and the issue of vaccination came up. She thought I was horrible for vaccinating. I explained that I did alot of pro- and anti-research and made an educated decision. I also personally know one of the world's leading pediatric infectious disease/vaccine experts and have had many chances to speak with him. Many anti-vax people probably think he is just pushing an agenda, but I know he...
I have had strep throat since friday night and today was the first day I actually felt somewhat better. However, my milk supply is gone and I am really, really worried. On Sunday I had so much milk but by monday...nothing. Nursing Mother's Companion says you may see a decrease in supply when you are sick, but this seems drastic. The worst part is, Kellen isn't getting enough milk nursing and I have used up all my back up supply and have had to turn to formula. I am so...
I have had strep throat since friday night and today was the first day I actually felt somewhat better. However, my milk supply is gone and I am really, really worried. On Sunday I had so much milk but by monday...nothing. Nursing Mother's Companion says you may see a decrease in supply when you are sick, but this seems drastic. The worst part is, Kellen isn't getting enough milk nursing and I have used up all my back up supply and have had to turn to formula. I am so...
After reading about this dog's accident in the house. I am BEGGING you please give this dog to the rescue immediately! This dog deserves to be in a home with a family that loves it and desperately wants it. The accident was most likely caused by its sensing your stress. Even with your MIL this dog will sense the family tension. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give this dog to its new home NOW! If your marriage can not survive getting rid of a dog, you have a bigger problem to...
May I ask, before you got this dog did you and DH research the breed and discuss care and what would happen to the dog after you had children? I am involved in greyhound rescue and ALWAYS ask potential adopters these questions. We see too many wonderful dogs returned because a baby came along and now they don't have time for the dog. That said, it sounds like it would be the best for this dog to be given to a breed rescue and rehomed. He must surely be aware that...