or Connect

Posts by greymama

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have had to supplement my 7-month old with formula for the past three months. He eats so much, and during the day when I'm at work I pump, but I'm just not getting enough milk to carry him through. My supply has been low the entire time with him, not a problem I had with my first son. He's also eating solids now, and that boy can eat. I try to nurse, but he gets mad that milk just isn't pouring into him. And I too am mortified...
I didn't read all the posts, but it appears I'm a little different in the regards. I am very comfortable with my parents watching my children for a night or more. And my parents live 2-hours from me. DH and I left DS#1 with my parents for a night (possibly 2 I can't remember) when he was 7-months-old. He's now two and has spent several weekends with them, even a whole week once while DH and I were in Europe, DS was 18-months. (We didn't plan a vacation without DS, it...
I bf'd my first son and am currently bf'ing my 7-month-old, but my supply has been low with him (I've tried pumping more, Mother's Milk Plus, etc. to increase my supply... but it's just not flowing they way I'd like.) So I've had to supplement with formula. And I admit, whenever I go to buy the stuff I am so EMBARRASSED. I feel like the cashier is judging me as a bad mom for feeding formula, so I usually by milk storage bags at the same time so it's clear that I do both....
I'm looking for suggestions for children's musicians, that a hip parent can actually tolerate listening to. I'm a big fan of Trout Fishing in America and Dan Zanes, and my 2-year-old also loves groovin' to their music. Any suggestions that you enjoy?
I have a 2 year old and 5-month old. Bought the combi twin traveler on EBay for $180 plus $30 for shipping, brand new in box. Retails for $300 or so. I love it. Easy to fold/unfold and maneuver. I chose it over the Maclaren Twin as that stoller doesn't have cup holders in front for my toddler.
Oh gosh, I'm so happy to have found this post. For about 5-6 months now I've been dealing with our rescued greyhound using our house as an indoor bathroom and our kitchen as a schmorgasboard for his appetite. I've e-mailed our adoption group about returning him, and then DH and I always say we'll give him a few more weeks, but nothing changes. I have an almost 2-year-old and a 4-month-old baby... the dog is like another toddler. I can't turn my back on him for a minute or...
I also posted this in the toddler forum.... looking for as many suggestions as I can get! 6 weeks ago I gave birth to my second child. Since that time my 20-month-old son has stopped sleeping in his bed. About 3 months before #2 was born we moved #1 to a toddler bed and he LOVED it. When anyone stopped by the house he take them to see his big-boy bed and at night he lay right down and put himself to sleep. Now he almost refuses to sleep in his own bed and wants to be...
6 weeks ago I gave birth to my second child. Since that time my 20-month-old son has stopped sleeping in his bed. About 3 months before #2 was born we moved #1 to a toddler bed and he LOVED it. When anyone stopped by the house he take them to see his big-boy bed and at night he lay right down and put himself to sleep. Now he almost refuses to sleep in his own bed and wants to be with DH and me. Sometimes I can get him to sleep in his bed, but he wakes up crying so we...
I didn't read all the posts, but I agree with what everyone has said. This would be a deal breaker with me, I would let my MIL (or anyone who drives my child around) that it's either done correctly or you don't do it at all. I'd much rather someone be mad at me knowing that I was looking out for my child's safety, than me be mad at someone and myself for not speaking up and having a dead or seriously injured child over something that could have been avoided. Also, if...
Just found out yesterday that my one cousin, who is getting married in April, chose a woman from my families church's daughter to be her flowergirl and her fiancee, who isn't close to his family AT ALL, chose is godson to be the ring bearer in their wedding. My family, which is very, very close, is quite hurt by her decision. At the time of the wedding my DS will be 2 and he has two older "cousins" who will be 5 and 3. She didn't ask any of the three kids to be in the...