or Connect

Posts by greymama

I felt the exact same way as you. I found out I was pregnant with #2 when my DS was 10 months also. One day I just realized I was late and took a preg. test as soon as I got home. DH was on his way home and I just called him crying. He was excited, I felt like crap. We had talked about having another but when it because real I was like,"what have I done." I even posted on MDC about being upset and feeling horrible to my son. I'm due in 7 weeks and although I'm excited...
DH and I hold hands in public, and little kisses. Sometimes he makes a move for a more passionate kiss, but I'm not too up for that in public. We always joke about his hand holds, it's very light and I always say, "there's that limp hand hold that I've come to love."
I was so upset by her post I couldn't even respond. I just didn't feel I had the words to help her see the truth in her situation. And then the situation with her mother... my jaw and heart just dropped. I can't imagine being in the situation with a young child and feeling you have nowhere to turn for protection. I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE she is safe and taking steps to build a new positive life for herself and child.
When I was pregnant with DS I must have been in a deep sleep and I peed the bed one night. I got up and ran to the bathroom, DH asked what happened, I was so embarrassed. He just laughed and said he wondered what the warm liquid he felt on his leg was. Fortunately, 7 weeks to go with #2 and I haven't peed the bed yet! Thanks for this thread! It's sure is funny. And good to know you're not alone.
I agree with Piglet's suggestion. I would find a pediatric psychologist/psychiatrist in your area and seek out some professional help. If you have a children's hospital near you, they would have one of these departments. I always feel bad when I have our dog out and children are visibly terrified of him. Mind you he is big, but harmless and I always try to make that clear to the parents and child. My 17-month-old can do just about anything to the dog, he's actually been...
Sounds like the conversation went very well. Glad to hear you have such nice, caring neighbors. Doesn't sound like they meant any harm. I am also so glad to hear they are adopting a greyhound and building a fence, very responsible! As a greyhound owner myself, you might want to think about what happens if your cat would get in the yard with the greyhound. Not saying that anything would happen, my hound wouldn't hurt a fly and he lives with 2 cats, but a greyhound that...
I would have called the police in a heartbeat. There is no situation in these parents lives that justifies allowing their child to stand in the car, they didn't even try to use a regular seat belt. If money is an issue, free or discounted car seats are available from your local hospitals and other resources. There is no excuse for not protecting your child. Automobile accidents are the number one cause of death and disability in children over the age of one who are...
Quote: Originally Posted by tboroson The problem is, she's generally a good Nana, a great helper to me - especially now that I'm down to the final count in this pregnancy, and this stupid crap just isn't worth severing our relationship over. I've had some of the same issues with my mother, but then I think about the same thing you posted here. She's a great Nana and DS loves her to pieces. Yes, she sometimes make choices I wish she wouldn't,...
Did you ever hear the phrase "fail the pencil test" which means you can hold a pencil under your boob without it falling out? Well, I tell people I could fail the Crayola 64 crayon pack now.
I'm sorry I don't really have any advice on dealing with you DH. A serious conversation is in order. I agree with you completely though that both parent's need to be involved in the children's lives, the good and the bad. Parents need to show a united front when it comes to decision making, discipline and also love, praise and fun times. If children learn that one parent is the disciplinarian and the other is the easy-going, hands off parent I can just imagine the...