or Connect

Posts by greymama

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. She will bring much blessing into your life. I am sorry to hear the hospital did not do the right thing. If you have not already, consider consulting a lawyer.
Quote: FWIW, I have medium-brown hair & have had good results (w/o bleaching) dying it a beautiful dark wine-pink via vegetable-based, semipermanent dye (the brand I used was Raw Effects, I think, from Hot Topic). My hair turned out a darker shade than the dye is in the bottle, of course, but I really liked the translucent, multi-shaded effect that I got dying over my natural color. Oooh, I like the way that sounds. I might look into that for the late...
My mother is a hairdresser and I usually heard that the blond dyes contain peroxide to lighten the hair. Plus, it's always been my theory that since pink (or blue, or purple, or green) don't naturally occur in human hair, it's probably not something than can be done naturally and without some sort of toxic substance. Just my opinion though, as I really can't remember what my natural hair color is. I think it's brown but I've been coloring it auburn red since high school. ...
I'm all for women in power, however I'm not for women who abuse their power. Martha was a former stock broker, she knew exactly what she was doing. It's not like she made an innocent mistake. I am interested in what punishments Ken Lay and the CEO of Tyco eventually receive though.
I have two tattoos. The first I got when I was 16. It's a clematis flower and right above my right pelvic bone. It survived my first pregnancy with one 1 stretch mark going through it, and seems to be managing well with my second one. I might consider having it removed sometime though. My second tat I got when I was 17. It's a sun on the top of my foot between my big toe and the toe beside it, about half and inch back from the toes. I love this one. I drew the sun and...
With 2 cats, a dog, a toddler throwing crumbs on the floor and a baby due in Oct. I desperately need some cleaning help. Yesterday my parents were down and did some cleaning that I just haven't gotten too while I was at work. My mom offered to help pay for half the cleaning persons cost (around Philly it's about $200 per visit.) I could have kissed her feet I was so happy. DH is a whiz with landscaping, our yard is a paradise but he's not so good working on the inside. If...
I always get a chuckle when people quote the Bill of Rights and Constitution as blanket statements that apply to our lives today. The writers of these documents were NOT all knowing omnipotent beings. I seriously doubt they thought the right to free speech would include 7-year-old children wearing "f--- this s---" t-shirts. More likely, they were enabling people to criticize the King of England, ie "King George is not so Enlightened." The Constitution is a beautiful...
Hi everyone. Glad I finally popped into spirituality and found you, although I must admit the discussion in FYT led me here. I've stayed away from this area as I expected there to be alot of new-agey postings and not really anyone I would realate to in my religious beliefs. Glad to see I was wrong.
If my child had seen that shirt and read it, I might have kicked you out myself. I even hate to see adults wear shirts that have ignorant and stupid sayings written on them. It's not funny, it's not cute and it's not adorable. It's ignorant. Yes, you should have had the opportunity to turn the shirt inside out and I would have asked the security gaurd if that was an option. I mean are you really surprised that shirt is offensive? C'mon! I'm also a little taken back by the...
Thanks for the support everyone, My boss actually sent me an e-mail yesterday apoligizing for being such a **tch lately. She's been under a lot of pressure for a project she's working on and I'm next in line, so when she's innundated I get it first hand. It made me feel alot better to know that she see's what she's been like and the effect it has on her team.