or Connect

Posts by greymama

Quote: Originally Posted by sohj I'm concerned by the ages I'm seeing referred to here. My last cat died "young" (by my reckoning) at 12 years old. She got feline lukemia from the vaccine (I wasn't there at that appointment as I was out of the country and my husband got steamrollered by the vet. I wouldn't have let her get vaccinated. You can imagine how furious I was with him over this.) and died of it a few months later. Most cats in my life have...
It might be my pregnany hormones talking, but I can not handle my job anymore. To problem is I can't quit. First of all, we really need the money right now to pay off school loans and other debt. Secondly, I have a good deal at my job where I only work in the office 3 days a week and "work at home" the other 2, but get paid full-time at a very nice salary. I'm not going to get that at any other ad agency. So If I left, I'd probably have to work all 5 days, many more hours...
Thanks everyone for your input. Sorry I didn't get on sooner, I was having a very hormonal weekend and couldn't even stand to be near a computer. Don't worry, no ones post here worried me. I know what the "worst-case" scenario is and I was glad to hear a mom who trusts her body give me her experience, instead of some moms who had freaked because their body had done something "funky" and they had to deal with it. I have an appt. with my OB next week and will go in armed...
Quote: But still.. who gives a crap? Why not just shave your puss too! : I was considering getting a brazillian wax when I was 8-months pregnant with DS. Having the same thoughts now that I'm pregnant again. Don't know why, I can't even see down there.
Can you cut the bottom open more so water empties out better?
My 15-month old son was born c/s. I am 22 weeks pregnant with #2. I had also heard that because of the short time frame that I would probably have to have another c/s. When I spoke with my OB practice the docs were very supportive of me trying a VBAC. Gave me all the pros of VBAC and all the cons of a repeat c/s. One doc even thought I was crazy for even thinking of planning a repeat c/s. From some of the OB horror stories I've heard, I feel that since I've been blessed...
I am 22 weeks and an had my level 2 ultrasound today. My baby is perfectly fine however it turns our I have placental previa. My OB practice is really great and very laid back about birth and pregnancy. (For example, my 15-month old son was born c-section. When I found out I was preggers again I had heard from other people that since it was so soon after the birth of my son that I'd probably have to have a c/s again. But my drs. have all been encouraging me to have a VBAC,...
Did I read correctly that this momma is doing some type of drugs while pregnant? Personally I would try to address the harm she is doing to her unborn child before I even tackle the issue of the child's birth.
Quote: Originally posted by Mamid Mother pleads guilty Who the is her lawyer??? She should have pleaded not guilty and had a kick ass lawyer defend her. ACLU maybe. Why would the ACLU have defended her? It's not a civil right to use cocaine and alcohol when you are pregnant. If she hadn't of plead guilty she would have been probably received a much harsher sentence if this had went to trial. Do you think a jury would look favorably on a...
My understanding of the ECV was they give it three tries and if it doesn't work, you are taken in for a c-section because of the risks OnThe Fence mentioned. I was in early labor when we discovered I was breech and tried an ECV but was unsuccessful, and had to have a c-section. Now, I'm not opposed to c-sections so I wasn't too upset. Not what I expected, but I was fine with my son's birth.