or Connect

Posts by greymama

I just started visiting this forum yesterday and now that I've been skimming some of the posts, I must admit I've become very disheartened but what I'm reading. My beautiful son was delivered c-section because of a breech presentaion. Reading posts about "good outcomes... ie, not c/s" and posts about when c/s is acceptable really have left me a little angry. I have no regrets about my c/s and hate being made to feel like I was uneducated about my choices or should be...
I agree. There is no reason C/B mom's have to hide away and can only come out of the closet when we talk about how we so desperately want to have a VBAC. After my son was born one "friend" called and the only thing I remember her asking me was if I was upset that I had a c-section and that I could have a VBAC the next time. I had a beautiful, healthy son and she could only focus on the birth, like I should have been ashamed or disappointed. I was neither, and would...
I am so glad to have found this. I decided to look in a form I usually don't and came accross something I would never have expected on this board. My son was born by an unexpected c/s on March 10, 2003. I went to a routine OB appt in early labor and expected to have my doc send my home with a "see you tomorrow" goodbye. DH was going to bring my hospital bags, but I said we'll be coming home. Surprise, surprise, my son was breech and since I was in already in labor I was...
ITA with Piglet68. Thanks for pointing these out. When I was pregnant with DS one of DH and I's best friends is from Switzerland and couldn't believe I was working up to my due date. He said in Switzerland mother's are supposed to leave work early, have a year leave and get a pay increase! FMLA is a joke, UNPAID leave... if DH and I could afford that I'd be a SAHM in the first place! I think part of the problem is the MEN (and women) making decisions in our govn't have...
Quote: Originally posted by asherah I honestly think mothers hating each-other and not supporting each-other is a worse problem then how I am treated by strangers at a mall or restaurant. I think women cutting each-other over parenting choices and pointing fingers at each-other undercuts all mothers.. and that seeps into society. We don't value or support each-other.. so why should anyone else value or support mothering as a whole? YES!...
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with baby #2. My DS will be turning 1 this Wednesday. I work full-time, but fortunately since DS was born I am able to work at home 2 days a week. The pregnancy hasn't been too bad, I am just tired and have a little morning-sickness. But I forgot how much I enjoyed being pregnant.
I just found out that I am pregnant with baby#2. DS is 11 months, so I am a little shocked about this unexpected suprise. I guess it's the shock and hormones, but I have been feeling very depressed. I could cry at the smallest thing and just want to sit down and watch TV and not even think. I don't have the urge to do anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't remember this blue feeling with DS. I just want to start showing so it feels that I am really...
Quote: Originally posted by arthead For what its worth, I grew up with B in the house & I have no body-image struggles. & I'm a little A-cup with a big 'ol behind! B had nothin' on me. She & about 7 of her clones were around for many of our kidhood years, my sisters always asked for Barbie gear & new Barbies (could've been due to me cutting their hair & remaking the clothing though). We had a great time making up furniture from oatmeal canisters,...
My DS is 10 months old and when he was first born, being a new mom, I got very caught up in being a certain type of mom. I felt a lot of guilt because I was making "mainstream" choices versus making "ap" choices. One night I sat down and wrote a diatribe in my journal about my guilt and decided that I didn't need to be a certain type of mom for anyone's acceptance. I just had to be the best mom for my DS. Do I make choices that so-called Mainstream moms might find...
Nope sorry. It looked like a maya wrap... just didn't go over the shoulder. Oh, I'll probably just stick with my OTSBH and by a new purse instead! Thanks!