or Connect

Posts by Smokering

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, 5 foot 8 1/2 with a long torso. By rights I shouldn't show until pretty late, but I always started showing more or less on schedule. Right now I definitely look tubby sans clothes, and I'm avoiding certain outfits; but I don't think I'm at the stage people will glance sideways at my tummy yet. Have discovered my fifties-ish fit-and-flare dress with a belt works a treat!    Also, I'm not entirely sure it's pregnancy weight gain so much as 'lying in...
Hmm. #1 was a surprise, #2 wasn't. No, I don't regret finding out. I'd learned to sew since having baby #1, and wanted to do a lot of crafting before the baby was born; and I'm not super into gender-neutral clothing. I wanted to make cute, frilly girl stuff or little puffy blue boyish overalls. So that's why we found out.    This time around we'll find out again for the same reason, though I'm sort of torn on it. I do like the 'birth surprise', but on the other hand DD...
I had awful heartburn with DS towards the end of the pregnancy. I tried Gaviscon, some kind of chewable things, papaya enzymes, milk, brown sugar, mustard, ACV in water, baking soda... Pretty much every home remedy under the sun. Nothing worked. I ended up sleeping upright a lot and cursing the day I was born. By far the worst thing about pregnancy.   I had a hint of heartburn last night, and was all "Are you kidding me? At SEVEN WEEKS?" Fortunately, it went away...
It's fine. :) Once the baby arrives Stateside, you'll know about it! Crying at heartbeats isn't a prerequisite of motherhood. I actually *am* feeling somewhat maternally disposed to the little critter this time, but I don't think I cried at ultrasounds for the last two. Only teared up a tiny bit this time because it was a rescan and they hadn't been able to see the baby the first time, so I was very relieved.
I was just about to say this! Even if you don't sew at all, you can get iron-on embroideries (butterflies spring to mind, but there are tons), or those glue-on sparkly dots you can arrange in any shape you like. If you *do* sew, you can add lace around the hems or pockets, add craft fabric pleats or ruffles round the bottoms, sew on bows at the sides of the legs, use pink topstitching thread to topstitch around the pockets or do some machine-embroidery... endless...
I tell the truth, but honestly it's hardly ever come up. A few times by medical people; a few times by friends who also didn't vax. Not sure if anyone else has ever asked.
Erica13, what a pain! I'm sorry to hear about your cyst. :/ Would it make you feel better to pump and freeze a bit to give him for a few weeks after you wean? Or do you know of any other mamas in your area who might be willing to donate milk? Or, depending how long you're on the amoeba meds, could you pump and dump and try to reintroduce nursing afterwards?   I mean, only if you think it'd be worth the stress and bother - I can totally understand if you'd rather just...
Eugh, yikes.   I had a weird smell aversion yesterday when making risotto. It was the veggies. They smelled too fresh! Too... real, kinda. I'm currently going for pretty bland, carby stuff, and the smell of an actual real live courgette was just overpowering and weird and nasty. Did not like.   Also, we have a long and terrible country driveway - uneven, hilly, potholes all the way down. It's not so bad if I'm driving, but if DH is driving it feels like a...
Can we revise my EDD? I went for my rescan today. Baby's fine. :) But they put me back at 6 weeks 5 days today; so my EDD's now November 28. Not that it's hugely important...
Thanks. :) Rescan is tomorrow.    I'm sorry about your MC. :( The waiting sounds awful (though I agree, it's what I'd choose in your situation.)