or Connect

Posts by Fiercemama

Hi Mamas - I've been looking to find a website I saw a few years ago, of a mother who wrote her cs birth story multiple times, reflecting on her changing perspective and relationship to the event as time passed. If you know what I'm talking about, can you post a link for me? Love and Light rhondda, proud mama to India 8 yo
My husband has switched to "holy smokes!" Its extremely endearing. I love him for it, AND I think its kinda cool too. :
bump Hope to meet some MDCers IRL this weekend.
bump Looking forward to meeting some MDC'ers in person!
Dear Whalemilk, Anxious to see you, I died to the world Hearing your voice at the city’s edge, at the horizon of form and space, how could I then notice anything hands made; how could I adore or suffer time? Anxious to hold you, I forgot myself completely but you did not care about the way I came to look; I mean your shape and mine, what were those? – the seed husk that falls, because it could not contain our mingled feet. Anxious to see you, our...
I've gotten so busy with practice and getting our Sangha off the ground that I haven't been around these parts much lately. Hope its OK to share deets on this event that I am producing. While our teacher studies and practices in a Buddhist lineage, this workshop will be of benefit to those of any faith, or parents who are still searching for something deeper in their lives. Looking forward to meeting some MDC'ers IRL. www.clearlighttoronto.com presents THE...
I've gotten so busy with life that I haven't been around these parts much lately. Hope its OK to share deets on this event that I am producing. Looking forward to meeting some MDC'ers IRL. www.clearlighttoronto.com presents THE SPIRITUAL PRACTICE OF PARENTING Our children can be our most challenging and deeply loving teachers. Experience how the daily acts of caring for your family can be the path to profound spiritual understanding and bliss. Since you shouldn't...
My mum gave me a good tip once which is that if you can't afford to spend much on your clothes, black always looks better. BUT, if you go with black, or a white shirt, make sure to add something to give it a little bit of personality - like with your accessories. A scarf, pin, earrings, whatever you feel comfortable with. My current employer likes to tell the story of my two interviews. I wore black pants and a white shirt to both of them, and I almost lost the...
Where I am the ratio for that age (3-5) is 1:8 in daycare.
If you use after school care in someone's home, are your kids able to participate in extra curricular activities at the school? How does this work? We are trying to make a decision about an available spot that is IN the school but is less than ideal, and looking for after school homecare in the area. We've always been in a daycare centre til now, so I'm not sure how this works.