or Connect

Posts by welldone

Our boy arrived yesterday afternoon at 2:42 p.m. It was a beautiful homebirth. 8 lbs. even, 21.5" long. We named him Silas Five.     Congrats to all!
(Peeking out of lurkdom)   Someone's got to have a baby soon! I need birth stories to keep me from obsessing about my own prodromal labor. I'm 37 (almost 38) weeks, and as of Monday, I was 3-4 cm dilated, 75% effaced. So much crampiness, and I get regular contractions every night (tight and not super painful). Just waiting.   (Creeping back to lurkdom)
Well the girls are lobbying for a girl, and the boys are lobbying for a boy. :) I don't think any of them have strong intuition in this case, just personal desires.
Hoping the best for you!
Just popping in to say hello! I'm Serina, due 5/11, and 13 weeks 4 days today. This will be our fifth baby. I'm finally feeling less like dying every day, and getting a nice little belly, so I think things are going very well. I have had one hospital birth, two homebirths, and one freestanding birth center birth. This little one will likely be a homebirth, once I make sure some medical issues are resolved. We aren't fully decided yet.    Looking forward to stopping...
thanks, all! added pics.
he came!
our sweet little boy was born this morning at 9:22 a.m. after 18 hours of labor. so much for labor trends - my last two labors were 1 and 1.5 hours! he was born with his bag of waters in tact! callan north 8 lbs 3 oz. 21" 14 3/8" head eta: pictures
i've been laboring all night. midwife's sleeping on the couch. contractions are currently 3 minutes apart and getting tough. i have never had a normal length labor (mine are usually over in an hour and a half), so this is very new to me. hoping and praying for a baby by dawn, so we don't have to deal with child care. only a few hours! come on, baby! i'll keep you posted.
snowing buckets here, too. i'm in west michigan, in the snow belt, so we're used to it. i went out this morning, but only because it's my due date, and i had to avoid moping around the house about still being pregnant.