or Connect

Posts by Maine Mama Doula

I'm back for inspiration and support. I've definitely fallen off the wagon. I've gained back 20 pounds and generally feel pretty crappy. I've just been diagnosed as bipolar and started on medication 2 weeks ago. I think that I need to go raw again. Diet does really seem to help me, but maybe I need to try vegetarian/vegan first. It's tough because we're getting WIC and it is so dairy and grain based. Raw is usually too expensive for us, but if I can just keep it...
Started AF yesterday. I realize I've pretty much been using the Rhythm method with a little bit of FAM (the CM part) for the last month. I absolutely do not want to get pregnant right now and I am reading TCOYF. I want to start temping, but my sleep is anything but normal, so I don't know when I could possibly temp. I don't know the rules around temping either other than it's supposed to be at the same time everyday, in the morning right? I just started some new...
It's so relieving to have a diagnosis I feel is right. I just needed to tell somebody. My doc just started me on Lamictal and some antihistamine (other than Benadryl) to help me sleep at night. I had a breakdown a couple of weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about how everybody would just be better off if I wasn't around. I've never planned or attempted suicide, but I've often thought how things would be easier for everyone else if I just disappeared. So I knew...
10/15 P90X 65 min Chest & Back, Ab Ripper 100 900/1000
10/1 P90X 70 min Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/2 P90X 60 min Plyometrics 10/3 P90X 60 min Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X 10/4 P90X 45 min Yoga X 10/5 P90X 75 min Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/6 P90X 60 min Kenpo X 10/7 P90X 60 min X Stretch 10/8 P90X 60 min Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/9 P90X 60 min Plyometrics 10/10 P90X 70 min Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X 10/11 P90X 40 min Yoga X 10/13 P90X 175 min Legs & Back (60), Ab Ripper 100 (5), Yoga X (50),...
Judy - DH and I are both doing the P90X. It's tough. The workouts require you to already be in shape, technically. There is a Power 90 program out there too, but I got bored of it quickly years ago. So far, the workouts I've done are Chest & Back, Plyometrics, Shoulders & Arms, Yoga, Legs & Back, Kenpo, and Stretching. These are the 7 workouts I repeat for the first 3 weeks and then the calendar changes a little. There are 11 workouts in all and Ab Ripper which is...
on the wild animals Jennifer. ITA. As for bf, I was always told that there wasn't much I could do in terms of charting until after that first PPAF. I would just listen to your body in terms of CM, PMS, etc. I felt like my cervix was going to fall out, my cramps were so bad before my first PPAF this last time around. I've never gotten pg before starting cycles again and we were trying with DS to catch the first egg. I hope other mamas on here have some input for you!
Also sending you positive vibes Today is one year since my baby's heart surgery and she is doing so well. I paused many times today to think about where I was at this point last year. It's scary and super emotional and I'm still so super emotional about it, but I'm not so scared anymore. We're here if you need some mamas who have BTDT to lean on
10/1 P90X 70 min Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/2 P90X 60 min Plyometrics 10/3 P90X 60 min Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X 10/4 P90X 45 min Yoga X 10/5 P90X 75 min Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/6 P90X 60 min Kenpo X 10/7 P90X 60 min X Stretch 10/8 P90X 60 min Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X 10/9 P90X 60 min Plyometrics 550/1000
Just a quick update on myself - I started P90X and have been doing it for a week. We stuck to the diet for the first few days, but are now kind of haphazard on the diet. I'm not really weighing myself at the moment and I'm already feeling stronger. I plan to do the full 90 days and then do it again!