or Connect

Posts by americle

Thank you, Emmeline & E&A's Mom -- I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I'm looking at local pediatric psychiatrists now, just to get ducks in a row in case we decide it's best to have him seen by a professional.  At this point, the plan to to get Dr. Amen's package in the mail, go through it, make up our own treatment & discipline plan using his recommendations, and work the plan for awhile to see if it makes a difference.  If we don't see improvement,...
Thank you, Thank you everyone who has posted a reply -- VERY helpful.  Someone mentioned the self-esteem issues associated with ADD, and it hit home.  Yes, ds is always concerned that people like him -- I think because so often he seems darned unlikeable.   I am very heartened.  I had gotten to the point as a mother where I was really not liking my child much of the time, and that is NOT a place I want to be.  It helps that what we have always termed his "choices" (as...
Hi Fellow Mothering Parents --   My DS is 10, and has been challenging from Day 1 (wouldn't breastfeed, but that's a very old story).  Finally tonight after our Family Meeting, my dh and I looked at each other and realized that perhaps all of our parenting frustrations with our oldest child are not our fault after all.  This child has taught me humility more than any other thing in my life.  First, I looked down my nose at anyone feeding formula to babies, then...
Quote: Originally Posted by phroggies I've been trying egg again, but having a heck of a time getting him to eat it. Any tips from anyone, or thoughts on why the puking happens? Egg is a common allergen. Although an individual could be allergic to any food, such as fruits, vegetables, and meats, there are eight foods that account for 90% of all food-allergic reactions. These are: milk, egg, peanut, tree nut (walnut, cashew, etc.), fish,...
Is anyone familiar with Sue Gregg and her cookbooks? http://www.suegregg.com It looks like she may be NT compatible -- does anyone know for certain? I was considering purchasing her cookbooks, but wanted some input if anyone has any. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by motheresa Here's the cereal recipe. The five grains are spelt, barley, kamut, rye, and oat. I get the whole grains, mix equal amounts together, and soak them 24 hrs in whey/water. After rinsing really well, I dry them for about 45 minutes in my dehydrater. This short dry time allows me to flake them rather effortlessly without resulting in a lot of powder. Then, back into the dehydrater they go for another couple of hours to...
Thank you, everyone, for all the information and inspiration! I am a beginner NTer, but dedicated. Hibou, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to share your bread recipe/procedure? It sounds wonderful. My ds is sensitive to wheat, so I'd probably sub with spelt. Do you think it would work ok? Thank you!
T.
I like the website www.planetnatural.com for natural pest control alternatives.
Hi -- just found this article on the www.commondreams.org website: Published on Thursday, June 16, 2005 by Salon.com Deadly Immunity When a study revealed that mercury in childhood vaccines may have caused autism in thousands of kids, the government rushed to conceal the data -- and to prevent parents from suing drug companies for their role in the epidemic. by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. In June 2000, a group of top government scientists and health officials...