or Connect

Posts by JosieAK

My experience has been (getting pregnant a little above and below that weight) that my body gains what it wants too (for me around 40lbs) and then it all goes away quickly afterwards. I might have a few lbs hanging out that go away cutting sugar and nursing. For me the hormonal weight loss kick seems to be after birth. Although, I've wondered about how people inject themselves with HCG hormones to loose weight. But everyone is totally different! You might enjoy looking...
Welcome, lrj85. I have a daughter who will be five in February. She is SO excited for this baby. She's a little mama already, though. She is going to love being able to help. My two year old is doing really well in comprehending. We still nurse a bit (before sleep) and she knows it hurts me when she latches. I say, be gentle! I told her that it hurts mama and she said, "Baby in your tummy?" Yep. I told her the baby will want to nurse too and she grinned at me. It will be...
Yep, me too, SillyMommy.  Overweight here too.  I had all these great plans to lose weight and get fit and eat tons of super nourishing foods before getting pregnant again. Hahahaha. Sorry about the adrenal fatigue.  I'm borderline, according to my natural doctor, but I've been excited lately to actually have a little get-up-and-go. I hope it sticks around. Button-nose, that's exciting about the scan.  How far along will you be?  I think Facebook announcements can be cute...
Hi All, I've been wanting to get to know you ladies better and thought a general discussion thread might allow us to chat, vent, share, rejoice, commiserate, etc. without having to make a new thread that's "all about me."   I'll go first. :)   I've been dying to come on here and share since three weeks ago when I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time (160!). :)  I finally caved and requested Doppler use at 12 weeks.  At that point I really stopped worrying...
Ha, Erigeron.  Good call on the Groundhogs Day thing.  Names and nicknames are tricky.
If you both like Samuel, I wouldn't nix it yet. Your opinions of nicknames and stuff change, IMO, when looking at a sweet newborn, rambunctious toddler, boy, and teen. I would avoid Stephen. Although it doesn't seem to be a name many babies are being named, there are SO many Steves in this world! I was reading Acts last night and looked at Philip. It's a great name too, but I'm not crazy about Phil.
Congrats, Ememers! How exciting. My last DDC had No twins. This is fun! My daughter's rooting for twins but I'm 99.9 percent sure there is only one little baby in there (some days THAT is hard enough to believe).
I do not have a tiny waist and felt my last baby at 11 weeks for sure. I think it has more to do with where the placenta is. This time, I will think I felt something, then later dismiss it. However, the last few days I've been feeling regular little kicks. This is good because I struggle to remember that I'm pregnant! I also get this whooshing, elevator drop feeling when baby does flips. I'm 14 weeks.
Mama Michael, glad things turned out well for you. We're still nursing. Right now, it's just for sleep. So twice a day (nap and bedtime) and at night when she wakes. Currently I'm playing musical beds, going back and forth between my raised queen in our room and her floor Twin in the kid's room. Often I'll fall asleep nursing her and not wake until morning. I worry that this may become difficult as my belly gets bigger. My milk seems to be petering out. My breasts do not...
Cute! I love Blueberry and it cracks me up that it's named after a pet lobster! My DH called our first Bobo. I called our second Jojo. But this one has been a secret from the girls for so long that it's been referred to in code. After hearing the heartbeat and all though, I hope we find a nickname soon though. I feel too distracted in life to bond. Can't wait for regular little flutters and kicks!