or Connect

Posts by azzeps

This made me smile!  Yes, this is true! DH does need to be on board.  We talked more about it, and we agreed that if DD wakes before we are asleep in bed, he or I will get her to go back to sleep in her own bed.  Lately she has been waking up so early! Like 10:30 sometimes, and we are not even close to going to sleep.  We should be, but that's another issue entirely.  So that really helps.  Plus, when we get a minute, he is going to help me install the bedrail back onto...
I'm sorry.  4 AM is bad.  He is two? Could you turn on some cartoons for him? I mean, I know, it's not ideal, but he could sit there for an hour until you could get up.   Or kid-proof an area of his or your room, or contain him somehow and he can play on his own?  Two is probably too big for sitting and playing with toys in the pack n play.  I used to do that with my daughter, but I think she was younger than your son when I did that.    About next week, maybe some...
Good for you!!! Sometimes as the mom it is hard to let go and make changes, but you gave him a gentle nudge, that's how I like to look at it, and he ran with it! Yippeee!
My almost 4 year old comes in to our bed at night too.  We have a king.  She is a kicker.  I would like to put a sleeping bag on the floor for her.  I know you said your king takes up the whole room, but there must be a little space somewhere where a 5 year old could fit in a sleeping bag?  Or maybe open the door and she can be in the hall?  I know what  you mean about not wanting to exclude her but we need to sleep all night at some point, don't we?
I don't want to sleep in the other room because I don't like playing musical beds all night long.  I like my bed! I like to sleep next to my DH.  I feel like, for DD, it is time for her to sleep in her own room, all night.  No, actually, I wouldn't mind that much if she slept on the floor in our room.  I could only continue like this, sleeping in the queen, if I totally gave up on sleeping in my room.  Because it is disruptive in the middle of the night to have to set...
I feel for you.  We are going through the same thing in our house!  My DH is in my DD's room right now with her screaming and crying because she wants to come sleep in our bed.  It was ok before DS arrived, but now it just really doesn't work.  We tried briefly putting a sleeping bag on the floor and she just climbed in bed with us.  She doesn't always wake me up, but sometimes she does, and it is very annoying because that is on top of the 3-4 times a night that DS...
I think she's right.  With my daughter, things didn't get really bad, and we really didn't start co-sleeping until she was 8 or 9 months old.  And then she was waking up 8-10x a night.  It was awful.  It put me in the position of having to do some sleep training that I really didn't want to do, but was so sleep deprived and had exhausted so many other options that it left me no other choice.  I really feel that I never gave her the opportunity to learn how to sleep on...
Or what if you put him in a pack n play next to your bed? Then you wouldn't worry all night about him being hot or cold.   i totally get the worrying about when he will wake up.  Sometimes after I've been up feeding DS, then I can't get back to sleep again.  I think that's part of the benefit of cosleeping is that you don't get fully awake for feeds, whereas if you have to walk down the hall and walk back, then whammo you are all the way awake.   
I sorta wouldn't mess with that.  But on the other hand, I don't think you can do any permanent damage, you know?  You can always go back to having him in the crib, it just might be a tough couple of nights while he gets used to it again.  If he is in bed with you, could you nurse, and stay awake, and then lay him onto his tummy after he falls asleep? Instead of his side? Then you could pat him if he was still awake?  Have you read No Cry Sleep Solution? That seems to...
Yes, this is what I did.  It helped a lot.  I felt bad threatening my daughter, but she was outta control, I tell ya!  I would tell her that I would sit quietly, on the floor next to the door (ready to make my escape!!! ha ha ha!!!) as long as she was still and quiet.  Those were the rules.  I would say, "if you are not still and quiet, then I will have to leave the room.  I can't stay with you..." and I really only had to actually leave the room a handful of times.  I...