or Connect

Posts by azzeps

We didn't lay in bed with DD, but someone had to sit in her room with her until just recently.  We have a baby, and my DH travels, so it was out of necessity that she went to sleep on her own.  I couldn't be in there with her and with him at the same time.  So I just would tell her, "I have to feed the baby.  I'm right across the hall, and you will hear me." And I would walk him around outside her room, etc.  Then after a few weeks of her accepting that, then I would go...
Maybe you could put her in her own bed, in your room? and then bring her in your room or bed when she has her first night waking?  Or how about a pack n play next to your bed?  then you won't worry and you won't have to put your mattress on the floor, if you don't want to.  I guess if she sleeps all night, then you won't have an opportunity to bring you into your bed.  Unless you have a steady hand and a deep sleeper!  We are part-time bedsharing with both our kids right...
Thank you.  I needed to see all of this.  Can't take time to say much more.... baby waking up!
I'm not much help on books... I've read a bunch but can't point to one I thought was great for the age your son is at.  I think at that point, you're still dealing more with "redirecting" tactics, more so than "discipline" and a lot of books are more "discipline" related.  I think at that age, redirecting, and also making everything FUN and EXCITING and a GAME! helps a lot.  At least that's what I vaguely remember.  Singing goofy songs... stuff like that.  It takes a LOT...
I realized after I posted this that it was a dumb question to ask if I should leave her in poopy underwear.  Duh.  Obviously I should change it.  But I feel like I'm doing something wrong.  Like my approach to it is wrong.  How should I be handling it?  I mean, she's pooping in her pants, it must be my fault, right???
I will be going back to work in about a month, when my son is 4 months old.  I am wondering about the practicality of cup feeding as opposed to bottle-feeding while I'm away.  It would be my mom who would do the cup feeding.  We have tried bottle feeding with a BreastFlow bottle, and he just doesn't seem to like it.  DH has given him his last feed before bedtime, and he wakes up hungry 2 hours later.  So he's not getting enough and then loses interest, I guess?  He will...
Now you all have made me want to go shopping!!!  We have a new H&M at the mall that I've been wanting to check out, for the kids, mostly.    I do pretty well shopping at resale shops.  I have three that are pretty good as far as the stuff they get in there, and fairly good prices, still I'm pretty picky about it.  But it is nice to score a pretty holiday dress and what not for super cheap, compared to what you'd pay new.  Especially if you're brand-conscious.  One of...
So DD started in with a potty regression in the months before DS was born in July.  I let it go and let her just wear pullups.  Then a few weeks before she started preschool, the director, to whom I had written about the issue (because she's supposed to be PT'd) suggested we try setting a timer and having her go when the timer went off.  Since then she rarely pees her pants unless we forget to set the timer or remind her.  But she still poops all the time, every day,...
Hi all,   My husband suffers from depression and anxiety, and has not been able to find a therapist he really likes or clicks with or that he feels is very helpful to him here in PDX.  He is really suffering right now and so I am trying to help him by getting him a short list of therapists that he can perhaps do a free consultation with and see if they are a fit.  If you know of a therapist here in Portland who works with people who are depressed, anxious and have...
Ellie Legare and Jennie Elkins are awesome! I am so thankful that I was able to have them attend me for my VBAC.  Ellie knew when to just stand back and observe and when to step in with just the right words of encouragement.  I fully trusted her, and with good reason, as she has quite a lot of experience to fall back on.  I too felt as though I was fully informed every step of the way and didn't feel any judgement about the choices I made.  I think we're done having...