or Connect

Posts by ithappened

I planned on wearing just a really loose, short (mid-thigh) length cotton strappy style night gown for the labor and BF/recovery.. what actually happened was I didn't want anything on me during labor- esp clothes.. in the tubs I went nude.. but I did find a nightdown with easy boob access which was easily washable to be great post paradum.. I actually would recommend having 2-3 with you if you are staying more then a night or so, I wasn't prepared for the amount of...
Amelia and Julian were born on Tuesday morning via c-section (scheduled for breech transverse).   Julian weighed in at over 3.6kg and 49 cm long (or for the USA, 20 in and over 8 lbs). Amelia weighed in at just under 3.4kg and 48 cm long.     They are super healthy and my milk already came in just 24 hours after the c-section.. ! They are BFing really well already and I am having minmal pain after my c-section.. already walking around and feeling mostly...
its the ankle thing great with swimming? I swear the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy I would go swimming just to get rid of the cankles.. it was like a 'miracle drug' :)   I was swimming and hiking until 4-5 days before birth and then I got really tired and decided I would just take it really easy and try to rest up for the c-section..   lily- if it stays warm and you can- keep swimming! I found just going into the pool at kicking or treading water for 20-30 mins...
hi everyone!   just thought Id say I survived! I am doing pretty well considering its been a little over 24 hours- I am just on tylenol now and able to walk around without much pain.. BFing is going really well, my milk came in already which is a big surprise (with DS1 it took 3-4 days)
its July 16th. . weekly chat!     Lets do this!       I am giving birth tomorrow morning Tuesday, (or Monday night around 11pm USA PST time). I just packed my hospital bag.. I'll probably post a photo or 2 to my facebook when I get a chance..  .. that is my update   pray/chant/send good vibes my way.. I am really nervous mostly because I hate hospitals :)
Penny- from what I can tell what you gain while pregnant does not exactly corilate with what you lose PP. I had friends who gained 15lbs while pregnant and 2 years later still have 10lbs 'extra' from PP.... then I had friends who gained 60lbs while pregnant and lost it all 2 weeks PP..   I def have gained weight differently this pregnancy then with DS1- even though the weight is 7lbs more this time- with DS1 I gained a lot in my arms/legs/face and this pregnancy its...
I'm in Europe so my answers might vary widely from the US.. I am not sure but here they are from what they told me:       No           No           You can have one support person in the room for a section.           No. You can also decline the GD test (I did) but they advise against doing this- I did not feel I needed to take it as I had no risk factors other then 'big babies' by EU standards.     My monitoring was all the same as it was with DS1 I just had to have 3...
I did my pregnancy paperwork at the hospital yesterday, it was really exhausting because all the information is in German and I don't know so many of the medical terms so I feel like a lot of it I am left guessing on what things mean, my normal German is pretty good but the minute they go into internal medicine lingo I am screwed.... . Its horrible to only understand 60% of something like that... I also decided to get my tubes tied. DH refuses to get 'snipped' and gets...
ahhh I LOVE the drawing!!! I would love to be a nude 'model' right now actually.. the sketch is lovely. I hope they let you keep some?  
    ha! I've been drinking Taro Boba nonstop this pregnancy