or Connect

Posts by ithappened

rinap-  thats good advice but I also have to be honest and say I am still really coming to terms with the reality of even being pregnant (I was on BCP) and then the fact its 2 babies, wow.. I mean.. thats all I can say- - I am a bit terrified because we have no family help, no friends help and I made the mistake of thinking I could 'do it all' with my DS and ended up with really bad PPD-- so I am working on preventing that this pregnancy with hiring help (ahead of time)...
I am wondering if the moby if I was doing it wrong? I had zero luck with my DS in it (he was almost 10 lbs at birth). He always sort of slipped down in it, I found the fabric to be too elastic for another distance of walking but worked well as long as I stayed at home..   the mei tais sound like a good idea.. fav brands?
this thread is SO great to read! I am so happy to hear there are other women out there training during pregnancy! !   With DS I was very active until literally the day I delivered, I had a really fast labor and was able to be skiing by about 2 weeks PP (although only for an hour or two- but still).   I am hoping this time, even though its twins, I will be able to have a similar recovery and delivery. I think a lot of it had to do with my activity level during...
this thread is making me think its time to replace my blender. smoothies would be a really easy way for me to get more calories without having to actually eat them.   I am trying to eat much better now that my morning sickness is gone. The first 10 weeks I am embarrassed to admit I pretty much lived off of french fries, breads, rice and pizza.   Finally I am craving more 'normal' food for me- fruits, veggies, lean proteins which is really sort of exciting. :) I...
we loved the ergo for DS (still use it now and hes already over 2). .. but what does one use for twins? I can see a lot of times Id like to go for a walk or to the store with them (its a 3 block walk) but really prefer a carrier to a stroller.. esp with the stairs in and out of our apartment.   So what works? we used a moby but found it was too hot in the summer with DS and often took too long to get on/off for it to work for quick trips (ok, Im lazy) but I know they...
wow! you are very prepared! :)   I am starting to think about it since so many people have warned me that twins come 'early' (but my DS was 42 weeks).   For me, I learned a lot about what I needed the first time (because I didn't have it) so I am adding those things to the list.   For example, - setting up some sort of PP care for myself - something to ease or deal with incontinence - hot water bottle or some sort of rice compress - setting up some...
  I didnt even think of that but thank you so much for that tip- also getting help the last month.. I am working on that but its hard because it seems ALL of Europe takes off July and August and Ive had a lot of trouble finding anyone who will be around then.   Did you find you gained a lot more weight with 2 then with 1 pregnancy? And how was the recovery time after birth with 2 vs 1, I mean, in terms of how quickly you felt 'normal' again?
intime0 - I had terrible acne with my first- the entire pregnancy, nothing help but giving birth (it was a boy). I had great skin during BFing and since however.. bonus?! :).   With this pregnancy I have had pretty good skin so maybe I have a girl.. who knows?
today:   2 pieces of toast with goat cheese for breakfast with yogurt half a large pizza (light cheese) for postworkout snack:  bunch of tangerines salad, clear soup and a piece of toast with cheese 1 toast with goat cheese, more tangerines and 1 banana     yes- I pretty much am living off of carbs.. its bad but its the only thing I can stomach since getting pregnant. I try to force myself to eat some eggs or nuts every other day.
I was super active before I got pregnant so I am doing my best to stay active while pregnant. :)   Pre-pregnancy I usually would try to run 4-5 days a week. for 4-6 miles per run. If I didn't run I would hike or ski. My goal most weeks was 4-5 days of activity a week.   I am still running but I have cut it down to 2-3 days per week and never over 3 miles. Some days I can run 2 miles, some days I run 3, some days I just walk. I also do sort of 'intervals' where I...