or Connect

Posts by C.Arden

I'm new to the group.  My baby is due 12/24 and my others have always come on or within a day of their due dates, so if this one follows the same pattern we'll have a baby right around Christmas.  We had our 20 week ultrasound  a few days ago and found out we're have another girl!  So far we have one boy (our oldest) and then 3 girls in a row so my poor DS is going to have 4 little sisters.  
So far we have:   DS - Benjamin Magnus (he's always gone by Magnus and he wouldn't have it any other way) DD - Cambria Arden DD - Afton Whitney DD - Hanneke Hennessey (pronounced like Annika, but with an H)   My kids all love their names and while they're not common names, they aren't hard to read/pronounce/spell (well, with the exception of Hanneke, people sometimes have trouble with that one).    We have another on the way but don't know the gender...
I've always known I wanted a big family and I've always felt like I wanted to have my kids while I'm as young as possible.  DH felt the same way so I was 20 when I had my first.  I'm 28 now and expecting number 5.  We're thinking we'd like 6 and I was really hoping to be done before I turn 30, but I'll turn 29 before this little one is born and I don't think I'll quite make it.
I've got an appointment with a gastro coming up, but I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas about what's going on with me.  A while back (maybe 6 months ago?) I started having this pain in my stomach just about every night for about 2 1/2 weeks.  The pain was bad enough that it kept me awake, but not bad enough to make me think anything was horribly wrong.  When I finally decided to see someone about it though, it stopped and I thought that was the end of...
Absolutely possible!  I'm on number 4 and I've felt them earlier each time.  This time, I've had what are very obviously BH contractions since 9 weeks.
Just wondering what the chances are of finding a buyer for my birth pool.  Is this even something people would buy second hand?  It's a La Bassine and it was used once.  Where would I even try to sell something like this?  Here?  Ebay?  Craigslist?  Also, what would be a reasonable asking price?  Thanks!
Right now I have 3, they are 6, 4 and 23 months and our 4th is due in about two months.  We'll definitely have at least two more.
When I had my second, the only midwife in my area was about 2 hours away.  I just called as soon as I was sure that I was in labor and she was there in plenty of time.  My entire labor was 8.5 hours down from 23.5 for my first.  My third was 14 hours so I wouldn't be too concerned about her not getting there in time as long as the roads and weather aren't too bad.
My first (boy) was 9lbs 4oz and I was in labor for 23 1/2 hours.  It was a very very intense and painful labor.  My second (girl) was 9lbs 14oz.  Delivering her was NOTHING compared to my first.  I was only in labor for about 8 hours and only the last 1 1/2 or so was very painful.  I pushed for about 20 minutes with her and I was pushing for close to 2 hours with my first.  My 3rd (another girl) was 9lbs 7oz and the labor was somewhere in the middle of the other two. ...
I'm right in the middle of a big, huge dramatic purge.  I started out a little slow, but now it's going great and I'm LOVING it!  I'm about a week in (being pregnant and taking care of 3 little ones is keeping me from doing quite as much as I'd like each day) and I'd say I'm getting close to being halfway through the whole house.  It really helps that we're in the middle of a total and complete remodel (we're practically gutting our house one room at a time) and I have...