or Connect

Posts by moobiegirl

Delete
We use Lower Bucks Pedi...it really depends on which doctor you see.  We do not vax at all.  For well baby/scheduled visits we request certain doctors (there are 3 that I like).  For sick/need to be seen now appts..we get the luck of the draw, but I don't have to worry about being asked questions about vax's or other "parenting" issues.  
1st - contractions started about 9 pm(Monday). Admitted to hospital at 4 pm at 5cm(Tuesday).  AROM and pitocin started around 7 pm.  DS born 11:52(Tuesday) (hard labor didn't really start till after AROM) 2nd - contractions started about 7pm (Thursday).  Labored all the next day at home(Friday).  Admitted to hospital around 1am while in hard labor.  DD born at 3 am (Saturday).     While my labor seems to be about the same length my hard labor is definitely shorter....
Hi everyone,   This is my first time coming to this forum, but I found it because I am going through some changes right now and am looking for others to learn from.  My most recent change/growth for me is to write a personal vision statement and think about the assumptions and values that shape it.  I am currently one class away from graduating with a masters degree and this is a suggested activity which I am actually finding quite interesting to do. A lot has...
Just wanted to update...   We had a successful WBV this past week.  The doctor that we saw asked if we were "still holding off on vax's" I said "yes" and the appointment went on as normal.  My son was very active (jumping around, climbing, etc) and she was very patient with his behavior. I did not have to sign any papers or even give them the one that I had prepared.  I'm happy to say that I am still very satisfied with this practice and will go back in July for the...
We currently use Lower Bucks Pedi. and have had minimal problems.  We do not vax and I'm not ready to start anytime soon.  It def. depends on which doctor you see.  Last time we were there (in July for a yearly appt) they handed me that form to sign.  It was very generic.  I decided to take it home and read it closer then I asked if I could drop it off later.  We have not been back since then, but we do have an appt next week.  I'm curious to see how it goes.  I'm going...
Just to let you know...to my knowledge Valley Birthplace has decided to stop offering the homebirth option.  I am now deciding to either stay with them and use the BC or try to find a HB midwife.  
I had similar experiences like the other posters.  DD was born at 3am and by 6 they took her for her bath. I had asked for her to stay with me, but they insisted that the pedi needed to see her in the nursery.  I didn't see her again till 11.  My family had arrived were waiting around for her to come back.  When I called to find out how long it would be, they said they were waiting for the pedi to come and do the rounds.  Then the pedi wouldn't release her that same day....
I'm torn now.  I am going to Valley Birthplace so far with the hope of a home  birth or the birth center, but now the home birth option is gone.  I had dd at Montgomery Hospital and really don't want to go back there (DD was seperated from me for hours on end twice and it was just not that pleasant of a stay for me and the pedi would not release dd for almost 36 hours).  I'd rather go to St. Mary's(had ds there and the post partum experience was much better) with an open...
We pay $60ish a month, but we have basic, basic cable (just a cable in the tv, no box). If we didn't have the cable added it would be around $80ish just for comcast internet.