or Connect

Posts by linz2491

I can totally have wrote your post. I love my children but sometimes (alot) I don't enjoy my job, kids are loud, demanding, and I don't get a moment to myself. I dont think I have peed by myself in 8 years. My dh does not value fatherhood (unless he is in front of friends) so it makes it that much harder. I feel like i am always stressed and complaining yet I can't leave my kids. Well ds1 (8) will occasionally spend the night at inlaws but really no one wants to take my 3...
I don't know why dd is only 16 months old. though my boys can shriek pretty loud too. I HATED it when I was a kid and all the other girls would run around screaming. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Obviously I was not a screamer. i don't remember any of my sisters screaming either.
I would love to say I am gd but I have low patience and don't always know what to do. I am working on it. anyhoo, the boys 8 and 3 are in the front yard playing in the huge pile of dirt we have in our driveway (for landscaping) 3 year old throws a dirt clod (hard as a rock) at ds1 hits him him in the head and he starts to cry. In stead of yelling at ds2 I go to ds1 and ask if he is ok and say how that must of hurt. ds2 comes over and I say how hard the rock is...
I would also call cps BUT just because cps is called does not mean they are going to take the children away. they would investigate and unless there is more then you know going on they would probably order parenting classes. this might be what these parents need. Other alternative is to buy a parenting dvd "for yourself" and "lend" it too her saying that you really enjoyed it and she might as well. It may be thinly veiled but you never know. All this stuff seems so...
this is how my ds 2 is. He typically ruins the mood of the day in the 1st 5 minutes of being awake and I am sick of the other kids by default. I hope he comes out of this stage? soon because I am going insane. (just right now he is screaming he wants popcorn but doesn't want it in the bowl he was just using. It took about 15 minutes for him to decide that that bowl was acceptable after putting popcorn in 3 different bowls. It has to end somewhere right?? He is 3.
Is any of the parenting books on dvd or cd? I need to get my dh to watch or listen to something. (I need to myself as well) but books will never happen. I could not even get him to read through the whole fathering chapter in dr sears dicapline book. I dont think my dh will go for the unconditional parenting video. too far out there from what he is doing. I was thinking "raising our children raising ourselves" or how to talk so our kids will listen, or even playful...
depending on the kid, I would say between 5-7. Maybe a 7 year old with a 5 year old.
I don't think your daughter had to do anything for this girl to not want to be her friend. I was the nicest kid, never mean to anyone and I think other kids/friends saw it as a sign of weakness and targeted it. my "friend" was always mean to me infront of people, ran away from me, just was never a very nice person. I was still friends with her for years. There were other kids like this as well. I remember playing every recess with a friend for months. One day she said...
When ds2 was 2 months old my childless sil said, he's getting so big, he is going to be needing formula soon. hmmm... I wonder what she thought he was growing on until then?
You can't force the other girl to like your dd. It sounds like her mom wants her to be friends with your dd as well but its just not going to happen. she is going to hurt your dd and make her feel bad about herself that her "friend" treats her so bad. I had a friend like this. Accept that, get your dd involved in other things that will help her stay busy and make other friends and hopefully keep her away from this girl. maybe girl scouts?