or Connect

Posts by AprilM

Hi. My 15 month old had suspected pertussis in November, which we successfully treated with homeopathy. We've had a few illnesses since then, and it seems like each time he gets a cough now it turns into that hard whooping cough sounding cough for a awhile. Is this to be expected? Anyone here have experience with post pertussis coughs? Thanks you.
Thank you for the sign of confirmation. :-) His peds said the PCR was some kind of pertussis DNA test and it was really accurate. I kept asking if they would do a blood antibody test, but they said they didn't do that. I am going to have to just go with my gut here and say, yep, it was pertussis.    One really awesome thing, and I might start a new thread about this, was that a classical homeopath was able to stop the hard cough in it's tracks an pretty much put an end to...
Thanks Marnica. They did a second swab...called a PCR...and that too came out negative, but my goodness......what happened in this household was classic pertussis symptoms. I wish I knew for sure. 
We just got a second swab done last night. So, we'll see. We are in week 3 or 4 of symptoms, so I dunno. 
To make a long story short, DS who is 1 yo came down with a cold that went away and then turned into a cough that got REALLY bad at around 2 weeks. Coughing so hard he was throwing up balls of mucous, and even whooping at the end of a coughing bout. At around the 2 week mark he also got a extremely congested in his nose. We took him to the docs who ordered a nasal swab test for pertussis. The test took 4 days to come back, so in the meantime I upped DSs vitamin C levels...
Thank you so much for those resources. Am giving SA now. That articles says that pertussis will give you 30 years of immunity....I didn't know this. I suspect my 4 yo had pertussis when he was 2....if I am right about that, does that mean he is immune?
Hi. My 11 month old has had a wet junky cough now for about 11 days, and within the last 2 days he has acquired an extremely congested nose. We took him to his pedi today so they could listen to his lungs, and even though they said his lungs are all clear, they still sent us to the lab to get him a nasal swab to test for pertussis.    They say if it comes back positive, they will want all of us on Zithromax to prevent the spread. The doc said it doesn't stop the...
Hi, so sorry to hear you are going through this too! No, I never did figure out exactly what this was, though it did go away after a few weeks. My son has just turned 4 now, and it's so ironic that you posted because he just recently had them for a second time. Except this time, he wasn't out in the grass....that I know of or can remember anyway.   They went away again after about 2 weeks. They were all over his lower legs. Very itchy. Good luck!  PS we didn't...
I am on a mission to get my family healthier and cut out all the unhealthy processed, preservative laden foods from our diet and onto a healthy traditional diet with real whole foods. This is going to be a huge learning curve for me as I have 2 young boys, no extra time, and hardly any money to work with.  I have been doing most of my grocery shopping at the discount grocery stores and am looking for tips on what is safe and what to stay far away from when I...
I just gave birth there and will say with 100% certainty that I will never step foot back in that hospital for as long as I live. I was with the Midwives of Magee for prenatal care and found them to be of no help whatsoever on any issues of concern I presented to them. I was a VBAC, so I probably got treated a bit different than a non VBAC'er, as they made me sit down with one of their overseeing OB's so he could tell me 'chance of success' of having a VBAC. Turns out I...