or Connect

Posts by AprilM

Hi, sorry I can't be much help, just wondering how your DD is?
I have always entertained the thought of homeschooling, so the thought of sending him off to preschool kind of feels defeating. But who knows, maybe that is what he needs. Maybe my family members are right. But it just doesn't seem like the real solution.   The real solution seems to be that he needs to learn self control. And he needs to learn that he is not the center of the universe. But I don't seem to be teaching him that very well.     I can't imagine that...
Hi. I am a first time mom in desperate need of some good parenting advice. DS will be 3 in July, and we are encountering some pretty challenging behaviors. Here's a bit of background. I have been a stay at home mom since DS was born. DS has always been a very active, spirited child. I have always been a very attentive mommy, always making sure DS's needs are met, sometimes to the point where DH calls me obsessive. I don't try to be obsessive, I just love my son so much,...
Would it be more healthy to use a juicer? Or would that be considered just basically squeezing the sugar out of the fruit or veggie?   When you guys talk about giving your kids smoothies, what are these, what's in them, and how do you make them?
Once again, thank you so much for all the great advice. It really helps alot just knowing I am not the only one who struggles with this. Question about juice. Most of the posters have stated they would eliminate all juice....would this include juices like orange juice, cranberry juice, carrot juice, or those Bolthouse Farm Green juices that state they are all natural with no sugar added?
I don't feel so alone in this now. Thank you for sharing! Mealtimes have been so very discouraging. I find myself dreading meal planning. We have baby #2 on the way, and I am hoping he/she will have an insatiable appetite. LOL   What kind of healthy snack choices would be appropriate for a LO his age? Any creative ideas? 
Hi Mamas,   I really need to get some good advice on getting an EXTREMELY picky almost 3 year old to eat what I prepare for meals. Either that, or I need advice on how to just chill out and let him eat what he wants and when he wants. I really don't know at what angle I should be coming at this.    He has been very picky ever since I can remember, but lately, I am at a total loss as to what he will willingly eat. This story repeats itself daily, and it's getting...
  Hi. We go to Pediatrics South and see Dr. Scott Tyson. He is very open to alternative vax schedules/no vaxing. He says he recommends all vaccines, but he does not push you either way. Also, don't know about the other docs in the practice, but Dr. Tyson does not make us sign the 'refusal to vaccinate' form....which has an incriminating section to it that many parents oppose.   We haven't been there much, only for well child check ups and I think one other time for an...
Wow, thanks for all the great advice! I did french toast this morning...so he got some eggs. Unfortunately, he refused to eat without a little bit of syrup, so.....but we will work on these things slowly I suppose.   Question: He loves mac n cheese. If I used raw milk and raw cheese, could I feel good about feeding this to him?     It has really been a struggle.   As far as the formula goes, I would like to make up a batch, if for no other reason, practice....
Hi. 3 yo DS has always been VERY picky, which makes it very hard to follow a traditional diet, or any nutritional diet for that matter. I have tried and tried to get him to eat things like eggs, meats, cheeses, and other traditional foods, but he just won't. He only likes things like frozen waffles, store bought yogurt, cereals, pancakes with syrup, all things that are sugary and taste very good. Actually, he would live off popsicles if I let him!   I know I sound...