or Connect

Posts by 13pumpkins

I've never understood why pregnancy and raising children make it open season on tactless comments.   If I was 3 (or even at my age), I would not want to talk to her either!!!!   A few weeks ago, a man (while he was sitting at a demonstration for kids in a kids' chair instead of giving up his seat to my children or myself) guffawed loudly about the size of my belly.  This is really common.  I wonder why my giant belly is a justification to POINT, audibly pass...
Congrats to the mamas having their little ones!  How exciting :)   I'm still here, still shooting adamantly for September (LOL, I told my OB firmly September!) but between family life, work, home renovations, and heartburn I've just been to exhausted to post much or at all.   Hit 34 weeks today so one more week until a big goal (I can deliver in town with my OB at 35 weeks) and two more weeks until we move...then I can worry about having babies.  Things are...
  I am pretty excited for it to arrive (this week!!).  They do have double stroller options too.
We are getting the triple buggy with the Everest:   http://adventurebuggycompany.com/triplebuggy.htm   The neat thing is that you can add a fourth seat and we did purchase the bar to allow the use of a ride on or two.  Admittedly, I cannot fathom the idea of us pushing all 5 kids on this getup at once but I also never fathomed triplets  !!!  I guess be prepared.  For anyone considering this stroller contact the owner of the company.  They have such excellent customer...
  Three more weeks, exactly!  I am 32 weeks today, the point at which I was told 90% of triplets are born so I feel proud.  But nervous.  There's so much at stake.  The longer we make it the healthier the girls are.  The longer we go, the less chance we have to divide the family as the NICU is 1 hour away and if I do not make it to 35 weeks I automatically have to go up there and get delivered by whomever is on call.  I am so ill over the c-section (one would think I...
  LOL!  Oh, we're absolutely getting a stroller.  We are getting an ABC Buggy (should arrive in a few more weeks).  We are not anti-stroller in that I refuse to use one but more that our stroller that we currently have has gotten very little mileage as a stroller through two infanthoods.  When we found out we were having triplets, I started stroller hunting.  It was heavily suggested that I get a double stroller to compliment the single but I want an independent unit.   I...
We are not getting a double stroller but we used a baby jogger in Disney and it was wonderful.  It made non-stroller people LOVE a stroller.  It was so fabulous that it was the first place I looked for a triplet stroller.
  Huge congratulations!!! That is awesome!  I am doing my best to make it to 35 weeks as that is the cut off point to when I can deliver with my regular OB.   Go baby A!!!  What a relief.  Our girls do not have discordant sizes but C is the smallest and it always makes me nervous as it has only been recently (but they did tell me that someone has to be the smallest).  I understand the elation you are feeling having her grow a bit more :)
Jend Huge hugs, mama.  What a hard, hard thing to do but be comforted that you can give your friend peace.  These little guys get into our hearts in unspeakable ways.  Our little cat passed in my arms while scheduling her appointment to be released from her pain and I miss her in ways I've never missed any kitty.  But, I cherish getting to have had her company for the years we had her.   ascher21 decline to comment ;)  With DD1 and DD2 I gained 9 and 13 lbs,...
Ava's Mom  (((hugs)))   calpurnia  what pregnancy tea are you drinking?  The girls are giving me such wicked heartburn this time around!  I'm jealous of your watermelon.  I keep forgetting to get one and even today, I was behind someone checking out at the grocery store with a gorgeous watermelon and I realized yet again I forgot one!!!   On pain, discomfort, and lack of patience  I feel so lucky to be up and around but a big part of it is I'm really terrified to stop...