or Connect

Posts by 13pumpkins

Congratulations!!!!!  I'm so proud of you!  Thirty-three weeks AND 4 lbs babies.  Wooohooo!!!!   We're coming up on 31 weeks this Friday with the trips so thanks for being an inspiration!
I am NOT a twin mama but pregnant with triplets.  I hope you do not mind that I weigh in with some of the questions that I think I can answer :)   Does your belly hurt a lot when it stretches out with two babies inside? The pictures look so painful.   I'm at 30 weeks pregnant with triplets and hella big (I can share photos if you wish).  I really worried about this when I was in my first trimester.  So far, I have not experienced exterior belly pain and I've been...
I would get a double stroller.  We're expecting triplets and the more and more I search there just is not one good triplet stroller.  They all seem like a total PITA.  Most of the recommends I am getting now are to get a double stroller and rotate with baby wearing!   As for double strollers, we rented a Baby Jogger at Disney and it was a dream.  The valco model looks really similar and has the toddler seat.  Also, a triplet mom pointed me in the direction of ABC...
I hope you do not mind that I follow this thread.  I had been running several miles 4-5x a week before my third pregnancy and intended to keep up the physical activity.  Unexpectedly, my first several weeks were so hard to keep the jogging up and my joints felt like jelly.  Surprise triplets!!!  The girls are pretty heavy and I walk occasionally but I have not kept up the activity that I would have hoped for.  However, I am on my feet for a good part of the day and am...
Ah the stroller issue....   With our first two girls, I adored my Maclaren--so much, I do not want to lose it even though I might not even USE it now.  I'm really tall and a good stroller is hard to come by.  We wore DD 1 more than the stroller and when DD 2 was tiny I wore her as well.  She just loves the stroller, though.   Anyways, when we went to Disney we rented a Baby Jogger City Elite double and ADORED it.  It was great for both girls and it was the first...
Thank you for this thread!   I'm 22 weeks, 6'11", bigger (sz 12), and carry ALL in the front.  With triplets!  I need to keep up my wardrobe that is work friendly and I am worried as I am already wearing my third trimester clothing.  With the rate these girls are growing, I don't know what I'll be able to wear soon! 
With our second child, we used thirsties as her newborn covers.  I prefer (insist) on gussets.   Any suggestions on covers for itty bitty babies?  Our girls were born at 8 + lbs each but this time around we will need something much smaller I think.
Are you referring to the carseats that click in and out of a base?  I was thinking of skipping them as carrying three would be impossible.  However, they have one serious advantage.  Convertible seats require a baby to be a certain weight limit and some multiples are too tiny to fit in convertibles when they go home.
I do not have advice, but I offer support if you need to chat!  We have enough trouble getting our almost 5 and 2.5 year old to sleep!  I had been making strides but I no longer could sustain sitting on the floor in their room and opted for falling asleep with them each night in the guest room. Cosleeping has been our MO and I have NO clue what the plan is with triplets!   If it makes you feel better I HAVE considered a huge mattress on the floor.  You're not alone!
  Zygosity is best determined by genetic testing for same gender babies.  The only U/S diagnosis of zygosity is when babies do not share a gender (faternal), cojoined twins (ID), and/or twins that share their amniotic sac (ID).  You are also correct about it being harder to determine zygosity after 12 weeks.  I am expecting triplets right now and there was a debate as two were implanted very close together.  Each have their own amniotic sac but it was debated (one OB said...