or Connect

Posts by hslingmomof4

I think I was promiscious as a teen for a short period of time. I was sexually active mostly with older men. I was a stupid teen that thought, hey they are more mature than my teen guy friends. AAAANNNN! Wrong! My first was with a teacher who was twice as old as I was. He approached me and frankly I wasn't attracted to him. I was flattered that by an older man was approaching me (stalking a bit). I thought I was in love. Little did I know he was engaged with...
dead thread
n/m dead thread
My dd2 was in gymnastics up til this jan. WE had a bad experience with a coach. She was a USAG competitive level 6 10 yro girl. She loved competition but she developed inferior complexion cos of her coach making comments about her height (troll) and if she didn't perfected the routine she would shove her foot up Her ... I think gymnastics is wonderful way to teach our children about instructions, structure and team environment. We had all of this until we moved 12...
I just bought startwrite for writing practice which I will be able to use for cursive writing as well. If interested, www.startwrite.com (I think) You can download a free trial but it wont allow you to use certain letters. I used 100 EZ lessons as well but felt that one lesson a day after lesson 65 was too much for their memory. So, I bought the Abeka reading program for 11.45. A step by step to reading. I also bought Abeka's Letters and Sounds (10.10) and My Blend...
Awe! I feel for you. I am that way too. For me, I think I am better off keeping my mouth shut so that my children can become friends with others. I do freeze up in social events. The odd thing is that I have a speech communication degree and 2 yrs of law school. I can give a speech and debate wonderfully. For the past ten years, I gave presentations and was in a mgmt. position. The odd thing is , I can't be that way outside of my professional career. I am really...
I have a website you can go to and download their files. They are zipped so you will need to unzip the files. http://www.speechtx.com/technology.htm
I participate in a few groups here in Florida. We homeschool for education purposes. We are not sure if our catholic homeschooling group is for us but we are trying it out next month. I'm little hesitant to joining christian groups (catholic) but am going to try it out. I know other christian groups (other denomination) are really strict about who they bring in. I have a fairly decent size family so it would bother me if it doesn't turn out right. We still go to the...
NO, but I think in the back of my head, I can say yes b/c of what I do fear and had experienced. I skipped kinder and went to 1st as my first experience. My teacher's name was Mrs. Wrasp. We all feared her. I for one, was the trouble child. She made me that way. We all had to kiss her on the cheek as a thank you if she gave you a 100 on your math test (basic 7+3, 10-3 stuff). If you missed a problem, she would squeeze my/our neck really hard (abusive), where I...
"What religion are you raising your children?" More towards Catholic which is Christian, however, I am teaching them to be open to all. . I've been talking to dd1 & dd2 about Pagan. I would like to teach my children about all religions and eventually, they can choose what they feel is right for them to grow spiritually. Truly, all religions seek love, good and peace regardless of the rituals.