or Connect

Posts by luv2bamommy2

Hi, I was just reading through this thread and came across your note. My DS [now 5] takes a 'form' of vitamins made similar to homeopathic pills. My mom found them on www.elixirs.com. She got him a bottle of Vitamin K and Super B combo, he has been taking cell salts and remedies since infancy. They have a search engine on the site, you just write in what you're looking for and if they carry it, they'll find it for you.   You can also ask questions of their onsite...
Check the vitamins & minerals and find out which one can be obtained from foods and the ones the body produces itself...and which are needed through supplementation. Like I know that L-Lysine is not produced by the body, it has to be supplemented. It is non-toxic and it is an amino-acid; plus every BODY [human plus animal] needs it. It's all involved in research and investigation before using too much of anything on a little kid. Magnesium is a relaxent, good to use...
Seek an evaluation by all means, though it might be hard getting one if he is that volatile. I had my DS evaluated for his agressiveness and other issues, and he is mildly SPD. But what has helped more than anything else, right now, is using Native Remedies homeopathic "BrightSpark" and "TulaTantrumTamer." I mean for real!!! My mom is into that stuff, but the other night before leaving she said, "There are some pills in that container on the counter, if he gets out of...
I haven't, as yet, tried the anger soothe. But my mom got the Tula Tantrum Tamer for my almost 5 yr DS. He has been evaluated with mild Sensory Processing Disorder and regularly as periods of aggression and anger. Since beginning the TTT, he has calmed down considerably, enough for others to notice and comment about it. Bought from Native Remedies I think it costs like $34, but my mom bought the 2 ingredients - Camomilla 6X and Cina 6X - and we give this to my DS 3 times...
Hallelujah! My DS isn't the only one who has a fit when it comes to getting his hair cut; or his teeth cared for, or... My mom, his grandma, is the ONLY person so far that he has ever let 'trim' his hair. And she says, sometimes the trim includes a full haircut. He seems to be all right with that as long as she is doing it. She can also wash and comb his hair with minimal fussing. The rest of us are not allowed or he has a full scale meltdown! Now going to the dentist...
My DS was eval as having mild SPD; no learning disabilities, ADHD, or ADD, but he is a sensory seeker. My mom is the researcher in the family, and actually was the person who told me my DS needed evaluated, that she suspected he had SPD. Anyway after the diagnoses was made, I was told of a sensory diet to put him on. It hasn't seemed to work and being a single mom, I seemed to be shouting/screaming at him more than I wanted to be. So on to the net my mom went again, this...
Quote: Originally Posted by nataliachick7 I am embarrassed to say my 3.5 year old has never been to the dentist. I would like to take him somewhere where he will feel comfortable and not scared. Is a ped. dentist a better idea than a regular one? thanks I guess I'm just jumping in to put my 2 cents worth in. I have to agree with the mommas who said the family dentist was great/I'm a single mom with 2 sm kids. My ds had really severe ECC, I took...
I'm not comfortable with xylitol simply b/c it's processed, artificial stuff. But if I felt I had no choice, I'd likely feel more comfortable w/ that than with crowns. ? Hi, I'm the mum who did the Xylitol route with my DS. And happy I am that I did. My DS was recently evaluated for Sensory Processing Disorder [SPD], which is the reason he is so terrified of the dentist, etc.. He remains cavity-free at this time. Even though he gets stuff he shouldn't be having...
Check "FAMILY" dentists. When my ds was 18 mos old I was told he needed $3400 worth of dental work done. There was no available opening at the time, he was put on a "waiting" list almost a year away. My mom started researching other things to do. And lots of prayer. We ended up using Xylitol and homeopathic cell salts. We discovered a "family" dentist who took little children, so when ds was 4 he had one tooth extracted [he had fallen and broke the root] and 1 tooth...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minarai I never liked the taste of the stuff and was initially put off when I saw the warning that it caused cancer in lab animals. Henceforth, I use real sugar (or Splenda, in some cases). P.S. Doesn't this belong in Nutrition and Good Eating? Sucralose (Splenda) is a chlorocarbon - a chlorine-containing compound. Testing of sucralose revealed organ, genetic and reproductive damage. ... Splenda doesn't sound...