or Connect

Posts by guestmama9972

Hmmm. I have never thought about nationalism as idol worship. I think a lot of other things could be considered idol worship, too. Food can be an idol. So can the computer or TV. Anything that you choose to adore more than God can be considered an idol if you want to be technical about it. I say the pledge when the opportunity arises and my kids do, too. I do it out of appreciation for living in a free country and for all the blessings that my family enjoys as a...
Quote: Originally Posted by eepster If she's that lucky at guessing, then you should get her to pick your lottery numbers for you. No doubt! I wanted to edit this to say that my dd is in a all-day gifted school through our public school system and it is fantastic. The teachers all have masters degrees and are certified to teach gifted kids. They actually understand the broad array that is considered giftedness and they *get* the kids in a...
I'm glad to read this thread. I have a 22 mo who shows absolutely no sign of EVER going to sleep on her own, or at least it seems that way most nights. She still has to be nursed to sleep or worn in the mai tai for about an hour. My older girls were doing it by about 3ish, maybe before.
I am another mom who despises MoonSand. My kids love it but I hate how it gets tracked all over the place and I feel like I'm at the beach. I threw ours away. In theory I like musical instruments like recorders, harmonicas, and the like but in reality I don't like them at all.
I live in West Phoenix. Welcome to MDC!
We have our 8 and 5 yo in bunk beds in their room; they go to sleep in their own beds and may join us during the night. In the master bedroom we have a twin bed in a corner with a queen pushed up against it. 2 yo dd sleeps in the twin and dh and I are in the queen. This is how it is supposed to be in theory, but the baby always ends up in the big bed between mom and dad. This set-up is working well for us right now. Oh, if the older girls want to come to our...
I read the OP and some replies. What a thought-provoking topic. I think I am a creative person and I do OK parties, nothing amazing. However, my neighbor must be like the OP because she throws an all-out bash for her girls' parties. I love to go and revel in the homemade decorations, the cool themes, the unique goodie bags, and the wonderful food. This gal could do this professionally; she's really that good. She is also a generous, kind person and a delight to...
I am Caucasian married to a Cambodian man. Our kids range from light skinned, like me, to tan, like Dad. I think they are exotic and lovely! Totally biased, but I think bi-racial kids are some of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen! I love it!
I also think it could be the age. For us, the twos were a piece of cake compared to the raging emotions of the threes and fours. Whew. Seriously, once I got my oldest daughter through her second year with very few fits I thought I was a great parent. Then came year three and my compliant little angel turned into a screaming, needy (well, needy-er), fit-throwing kid! I couldn't figure out what was wrong until someone clued me in to the developmental changes that happen...
Another vote for thrift stores. One year I bought several plain white silk squares online and dyed them with kool aid to make my own playsilks. Those were a huge hit! Silk is surprisingly durable, I found, and five years later my kids still play with the playsilks. I got mine from http://thaisilks.com/ and they have a wide variety of sizes for pretty cheap.