or Connect

Posts by trinity6232000

I got an alert that a new post was posted.  I'm still interested in this thread.  :)
Hello everybody.  Not sure if anybody would remember me, I was pretty active here between 2004-2010.  I miss it.  Wanted to come in and say hello.  Any old timers drop me a hello, and I'll be back soon to update and join in.  :)   -Janna
Has a new thread been started on this topic?  I haven't been on Mothering for some time now, but I got an alert that this thread was commented on in my email.  If a new one was started let me know.  If nobody starts one, I guess I will.  :)  I used to start them every other month so they didn't get too long. 
YAY! SO GLAD to see Steph as Octobers Member! I've pulled strength many times from Steph's posts.
Quote: Originally Posted by emilysmama Don't forget to sunscreen us, (instead of Head and shoulders, knees &toes) Block U.V! (instead of knees & toes) Need protection from the rays, (instead of Heat & shoulders, kness & toes) Grandma say-ay-ay-ay-ays, (instead of knees & toh-oh-oh-oh-ohs) Daddy loves us, (instead of eyes & ears) he wants-to keep-us safe! (instead of & mou-owth a-and nose) He slathers lots on us to keep us safe (instead of head &...
I'm not Catholic, but my Dad's side is and I grew up attending church with them a lot. I'm surprised that the church would baptise a child without the Mother or at least a call to the Mother. When my Godson was baptised they asked me to get two , since I'm not recommendations Catholic, to become his Godmother. Plus his Father (who isn't Catholic either, but attends church with his family) had to sign papers stating that he would raise this child and all future children...
Quote: I have felt like this many times before due to my trouble with depression and anxiety. The thing about being a Mom is that there are soo many emotions associated with our children. I never could have predicted exactly how much I would love my kids or how hard parenting was and the guilt that comes with that etc. I think as Mama's we just can do our best, love our kids and try to come to terms with the fact that we are not perfect. I have a lot of ups...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissLotus You have to know in your heart of hearts that this is a horrible idea. Just look at what you wrote that led up to the divorce. Your ex is so abusive! Of course he can be "nice"... when he's trying to get you back and he isn't dealing with daily realties. You KNOW what the reality is with him. I would make a large wager that building your business would not be "stress-free" if you did it while living with him...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo WRT BIL - he isn't a predator. Or he is, but only in the way a toddler or child could be seen to be one - you told him not to do something, he tried repeatedly to do it. I have a 3 year old here who cannot STOP trying to climb up to the cookies and the more she hears "no" the more she schemes to get to them. Because of your boundaries you have a big flashing "OMG NO!!!" alarm when it comes to sexual contact - he...
You can't change people, you can only change your own situation. The grandparents have made it clear that they don't hear you (or don't care). So it's in your best interest to not leave them alone with your child or stop expecting the grandparents to listen to your wishes. It will drive you crazy if you expect them to change.