or Connect

Posts by trinity6232000

I'm a Pittsburgh native, currently living in Phoenix. I'm moving back next May, we just moved here as a temp. situation. I've been all over the USA, and lived in San Diego when I was younger. I happen to really love Pittsburgh. I have a lot of friends who homeschool, and I know our laws are harder regarding homeschooling, but they're workable. They're are several homeschooling groups that will help you through any questions you have. If you google "homeschooling...
Oh thank you so much for posting this. Last week I sold everything I own, and got on a plane with my dd (9yo) to arrive across the country in my sisters town. I left before we were about to be evicted, and my sister so selfishly gave us a room in her home. I don't know anybody here, I'm scared that I made a crazy mistake. . . but I keep telling my dd that it's an adventure in hopes that she sees it all wonderful and not as scary as I do. Your post gives me hope. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momtwice I may be moving soon and I want to make sure I can afford the little things like a re-connection fee for internet what are the costs related to moving that you have dealt with? Do I need to get a new car registration or just notify them I moved? What else am I forgetting? Thank you In my state I went to the DMV website, and told them of my change of address, and they sent me a small card to...
Tea set. Board game. Craft project. These were my dd's favorites a few years ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons Finally, I've noticed that many single parents aren't interested in celebrating their families so much as they are in getting re-married. 50% of divorced people remarry w/i 3 years, 75% w/i 5 years. So usually the single parents I see, on this forum or elsewhere, are either fresh in their divorce drama - not something I'm involved in or interested in - or busy blending their families into new drama - ditto. ...
I read the thread quoted already. I decided not to post on it when I first read it because it's just too close to my heart. I guess because of the side I'm on, a mom raising her dd alone, I just couldn't continue a relationship with a man who wasn't involved with his kid/s for any reason. Even a sob story, even if every bone in my body wanted to believe him. Just reading Steph's post made me mad, even if I have weird sympathy for the new wife's of the world who...
While we have different situations, they are similar as well. Dd's dad got married this summer. He had visited dd a couple times before meeting this lady, (they met and got married within 2 months) after not seeing her for years. We heard from him once since he got married, wondering if dd could spent the weekend with him, wife, and new inlaws. Dd didn't want to go, she barely knows her dad, let alone these other people. We haven't heard from him since. It just...
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic When she's ready to know, she will naturally become curious about it and I will make sure she has all the information that is AGE APPROPRIATE. By the time she is ready to have sex, she will have all of the information she needs. At 7.5, she neither wants, nor does she need to understand the mechanics of sex. Why would we question if this particular child is ready? Yours might not have asked questions yet,...
I'd have to agree. When I was staying home with my dd it didn't feel like I wasn't being stimulated, I was keeping busy with her and with hobbies for myself. When she was about 3 or 4 I took a noncredit class at the local community college in aromatherapy. I had the best time. I realized how much I missed the exchange of ideas with other adults.
I believe it's worth it for your friend to put forth a full effort (even if biodad seems to taking a lazy approach) to keep him informed on the pregnancy, and keeping the communication going. I'm sure your friend is shocked about the situation, and the guy is as well. He might not have any idea how he feels about any of this now, but with time be a really awesome addition to your friends child. Conceiving a child out of a one night stand isn't how most people dream of...