or Connect

Posts by trinity6232000

Honey I am going to try to say this as lovingly and gently as I can. . . none of this matters. Please try to clear your head of all of the drama in biodad's life. You feel some need to be informed into his life because your raising his son, but he has seen his son twice, and genetics doesn't make a relationship. You and this man never had a relationship, and he has never created a relationship with your son, he might as well be a stranger. Why would he keep you in...
Around the time my dd turned 1yo (shes just turned 9) I had a lot of anxiety. With therapy I realized I had been holding so many feelings inside, and my anxiety was my body telling me to deal. I wasn't married, and left her dad when I was pregnant, but that first year caused a lot of feelings to come up, and I didn't deal with them, just stuffed them down. I feel that during these really stressful times of life it can help a lot to get medication, since your already...
Jealousy is a normal human emotion, that most times we can't control. I don't know if anybody has the "right" to be or not be jealous, it just is.
Quote: Originally Posted by runnerbrit Our signs at Babies R' Us do not say Pregnant Women; they say Expectant Mothers Parking. They are designed to make a woman getting ready to be a mother fell special. OP is preparing to be a mom, therefore she qualifies. : OP Congratulations!
Personally, I'd make it a girls weekend. Sure your ds will be disappointed, but maybe he and dad can do some special guy activities. It's a nice chance to do a girls weekend, and your dd maybe need a little one on one with Mama. Then ds can get a little one on one with dad. If it would be most peaceful for the new Mama, I think that's just the way to go.
This just happened in our home as well. I'm not sure how I would have handled it if dd had siblings and asked in front of them. Dd asked me if the tooth fairy was real, and I told her the truth. Which lead to talking about Santa. It lead to her crying, being upset, then she thanked me for telling her the truth. I explained to her that Santa is indeed a real guy, we googled him. Then I took all her baby teeth from their hiding spot, and shared them with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl I think its interesting that more than one poster thinks boys need their own rooms but girls do not. Why? I think it has more to do with age difference than gender. The boys are 5.5 years apart, while the girls are 3 years apart. While they are young I'd go with option b, then if/when a day comes that the twins want to separate I'd do boys/girls room, with the extra room as a need alone time...
Quote: Originally Posted by sugareemoma I was considering going on state aid other than food stamps but am afraid his parents could use that to say I'm not a fit parent. Nobody can hold being on state aid against you. Your taking care of your child ALONE, getting a solid education, while the father does squat. I doubt very highly that his parents have any leg to stand on.
Quote: Originally Posted by cristeen Yet state medical coverage would pay for a MW, to have all my dental issues taken care of, for glasses, for any health issue that may come up completely - and I wouldn't be out of pocket for any of it. But we make "too much money"... how is it fair for my tax dollars to pay for someone else to get "great" health coverage, when I can't afford even basic health coverage for myself? Wow what state do you...
Quote: Originally Posted by JTA Mom 1) In the contract, DH could NOT work anywhere else without permission from his boss. This is a front desk clerk job at a hotel. With a wonderful pay rate of $11/hr. In the bay area. Is it legal to have an exclusivity clause in such a 'low' skilled job? I thought those only applied to really intense (like police officers) or highly sought after professions (like IT, for example). I only make $1 more than...