or Connect

Posts by trinity6232000

Quote: Originally Posted by Omsmom I lived in philly about 2 yrs ago and I had a friend who was asked to leave the liquor store because she was with her 6month old DD. I don't remember the details of what what happened but I do know that the store was in S.Philly and she complained to the police after she was asked to leave. Not sure how it all ended...but PM me if you'd like more details, I can probably dig up her email somewhere... I'm sure...
If you wish to provide alcohol, you can do it cheaply, and not look cheap. If you want to provide wine, Bully Hill makes excellent wines at low prices. I've served it before and people are surprised at the price. Growers Red and Love My Goat are my favorites (both reds). Then do a signature cocktail for those who don't want wine. For 30 medium drinkers (I checked a drink calculator online) you would only need one case of wine. Add a keg if you have beer...
First post in this thread. . . As a single Mom to an only (she just turned 9yo in June) it's assumed that I didn't have another because I haven't gotten married. So that makes things easy in a way because nobody ever asks me when I'm going to have another, but I went through those feelings even without a partner. I love love LOVED being pregnant, my mental health is something I have to really keep checked, and my hormones while being pregnant were the one time in...
I don't think it's hard to socialize with people in another class. I think it's hard to socialize with ignorant people who have no class.
It might not be an actual "scam" where they want to take advantage of you, but I wouldn't believe the "I'm an exchange student" story either. In my early twenties I worked for a company that sold cheap art prints in frames. We were told to lie and tell people stories in order for them to want to buy from us. My story to tell was that I am a local college student, and this is our overstock from an charity sale over the weekend. I lasted less than a week.
Quote: Originally Posted by lunar forest I mean, if I'm at a bar it'd be rude to leave any less than $2 a beer, so if I'm at a coffee shop, especially if I'll be staying, under $2 for my whole order seems like nothing. They deserve it, and what's 1 less buck to me, really? (and I don't really have it, but c'mon, it's a dollar!) Yeah I wonder about this. If somebody grabs me a beer, I'm going to tip them. If somebody pours me a coffee, I tip...
I don't have any advice to give on this, but wanted to give you a HUGE Information is power, and once you clear your head, heal, get your information together, you will shine through all of this.
Quote: Originally Posted by poiyt ...how do we move forward? it isnt about the extra stuff...its about..the basics...well slightly above the basics. OH I am so right there with your above thought. I've been thinking a lot about this lately myself. I'm in a terrible money situation currently, and up until a year ago I was in school. I realized I just couldn't afford to continue, yet I know I can't afford not to. I try to remember how our...
Jealousy is a funny thing. Truly it has nothing to do with your friend, and what she has or doesn't have. When I find myself jealous, I try to look at what I feel I'm lacking in my own life.
I personally wouldn't mow with a baby in tow unless I was using a push mower (no motor). It's loud, and even if baby can tolerate it, why bother their little ears with that much noise.