or Connect

Posts by trinity6232000

Rosehip, thanks I liked your response a lot. I might steal it. Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy The child doesn't owe him a thing. If he wants to build a relationship with her, he owes her a LOT. She wanted to meet him. She has met him. She's over it. She has no obligation to him. He needs to be made aware of that. Thanks. See this is my stance, but then I second guess myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by MaWhit Do you guys have a visitation agreement written up? If so, what is it? No we have nothing written up. He never signed the BC, never has paid child support. From age 1-4 he was a holiday dad. Visits here and there, always presents for b-days and christmas. Legally dd has no father. When he entered her life again last fall the reason I allowed it all to happen was because dd wanted to meet her dad. She...
Seriously? 55 people read this, and no advice???? I guess what I mean to have asked was. . . Do I allow him to walk in and out? The other night I brought it up to dd, and I asked "Would you talk to your Dad if you called on the phone?". She said yeah. I asked "Would you like to spend the weekend with him sometime?". She said no, and when I asked why she said "Moooom, I'm over it, I'm just over it". So do I tell him that? Do I tell him that if dd wants...
I posted last fall about dd reuniting with her dad. So they would talk on the phone from time to time, and email. He came to visit in March for a weekend, and stayed with us. He came again in April. During that second visit he reconnected with an ex-girlfriend. Shortly after all communication stopped. Also after that second visit dd told me she doesn't know what to say to ex when he is here. I noticed that she is different in front of him, but I didn't realize...
My dd's birthday was this week, she turned 9yo. I left a five year relationship (never married) while I was pregnant with dd. So I guess this fall it will be ten years. WOW. I'm a little in shock. What's changed, well plenty has changed in my own life, nothing much has changed with ex's relationship with dd. He played holiday dad until dd turned 4. Then we didn't hear anything from him for 4 years. Last fall dd and her dad reconnected, it was very regular, they...
Quote: Originally Posted by doubledutch craigslist is a great source for vintage stuff AND ikea stuff (barely used at half the price!) and for reselling the things you don't end up loving. Another Ikea lover here too. I did my dd's room with all Ikea furniture, my dd is rough with her things, and it's all going strong (4+ years). I just looked at their site to recommend names of what I bought, but it seems that they have been...
Quote: Originally Posted by frogautumn Maybe we can come to an agreement about leaving the weekend open for him again... That seems fair. Maybe make it a 3 day weekend, like he has full access Friday eve-Monday eve.
OP. I'm having a pool party for my dd on Saturday, and I feel your pain. I gave the invites out on the last day of school about 3 weeks ago, asked for them to RSVP by June 20th. I got only 1 no. A few yes. Just 10 minutes ago a mother called to say her child and three siblings will be attending. I am not doing goodie bags, they get on my nerves, but I didn't buy little squirt guns (forgive me) for the kids to play with in the pool. I had a feeling somebody would...
I've never been married. I don't really see myself as the marrying kind. I would like to someday be in a committed relationship. I'd rather shack up that get married. One reason is it's my worst nightmare to be a bride. I have zero desire to be the focus of attention for an entire day. I have other goals for now. I'd like to get my career in better order. I'd like to foster/adopt a child. I'd like to build my own home with my hands. Those goals are currently...
Right now is the figuring out part of the journey. There have been many of these times to pass, and many more to come, some longer than others. This is the time that is meant to teach us better for the next time path to come. Our ex's may run off and find suitable partners in minutes, but what kind of relationship can come from never learning what needs to be learned from the past relationship. I'd rather have the time of learning to be with myself so that the next...