or Connect

Posts by Degas

I just saw that you had answered the question about the infected placenta already.  He is absolutely beautiful and strong.  Love that he is getting a reputation for being a fighter - that will serve him well being so early.  It's wonderful that he is taking your milk and breathing on his own.  Amazing that he is doing that without even a full round of steroids!
Congratulations!  He and your family are in our thoughts, and I am so glad he is doing so well to be as early as he is.  So did the infected placenta bring on your early labor?  I had never heard of an infected placenta before, so I am just curious.  I am so glad you can stay nearby at the Ronald McDonald house - they have them here in the US too, but I am not sure what the specifics are as to who can stay in them and for how long.  That's great that you will be able to...
I used Hypnobabies last time, and I just got the CDs out to listen to them again.  It worked great for me, even though I didn't use them exactly as directed.  I never was able to completely 'hypnotize' myself, but then again I always have trouble with totally letting myself go, trusting in the process, etc.  However, I found that I was able to learn how to relax myself more.  I found that the biggest help of the CDs was the confidence it gave me in my birth.  I was...
Oh, hugs mama,  . I am so very sorry.  I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks too before my dd2 was born.  It is so very hard, especially hard after you've had previous miscarriages, and it took a long time for me to recover emotionally.  I ended up talking to a counselor, and the pregnancy loss forum on here was also very therapeutic.  Maybe that might work for you, or maybe there's another way you'd work through your grief that would work for you.  Thinking of you, and your...
Also, you may not have been there long enough to build up much paid time off - if that's how they do their leave, but onyxravnos is right on that they can't deny you the federally mandated family leave - unpaid for up to six weeks. 
Well, if an HR person said to someone that you are under no obligation to tell, then I take back my statement.  They know better than anyone.  I just wouldn't want my employer to feel like I deceived them, but if it is not expected that you will not disclose that type of thing, then they shouldn't feel deceived - unless they are taking things very personally, and I would say that is their problem.  I don't know enough about the hiring process, so you should listen to...
Thank you for all the replies, mamas!  She does nurse until she is completely asleep - that is the biggest thing I worry about.  She nurses into a deep sleep too.  When she was around 7 months old, she would usually only nurse for 5 minutes and she was asleep.  But now it's usually at least 20 minutes, sometimes up to an hour.  I've tried taking her off after she seems to be really asleep, but more often than not she will wake up totally and start crying.  Lately though...
Hugs     I'm so sorry for you situation, how stressful! Maybe it would be better for your husband to get a new job instead of you?  Or were you both going to try to get a new job?  I would be straight up with them - because they would find out pretty soon anyway, and they might feel resentful if they realize you weren't forthcoming.  I would think that they are not allowed to discriminate against you because you are pregnant in hiring, and since you would be giving...
My dd is still nursing at 2 1/2 and it doesn't make my skin crawl or anything,(yet - hopefully it won't) and I'd like to tandem nurse, but I'm just wondering the logistics of nursing two babes at night.    Also, she really likes nursing on top of my stomach (with us both laying down) while I'm getting her to sleep. Do you think that eventually that will become uncomfortable for her and she'll want to just nurse on my side on her own, or should I start encouraging her...
We're doing a homebirth hopefully with the same midwife I had for dd2; she's wonderful.  She's been out of town, so I haven't gotten in touch with her yet.  Dd1 was a pit augmented, epidural hospital birth with a midwife (who acted more like an OB in some ways).   I had planned to go natural, but had no support and they put me on pit almost right away.  My midwife put me on antibiotics for no reason and they made me lay on my left side the entire time.  Then I had the...