or Connect

Posts by AJ's mommy

DS1 will be 6 in June... Haven't measured him or weighted him lately but he's at least 46 inches and 45 pounds (tall and skinny type... ) Like I said he has been in a booster here since November because I had no other options. Going back to harnessing could be ok cause he was able to buckle himself in and out alone last summer already. He is a very safe and responsible child. Is there any seat where I could use the harness than can be use as a booster after? As for rf...
Hello mamas!   I wish I had time to browse thru all the other threads but I really don't! I need to find a booster for DS1 for our return to the USA. For left in November for Europe and he was pretty close to outgrowing his Britax Marathon, so I'm assuming it will be too small when we return in 3 weeks! Here he used a Romer high back Booster (I believe that's a Britax company for Europe, but could be wrong!) It was ok although we only used the car a few times a...
Hello!   I'm in the Pittsburgh, PA area and I was wondering if anyone knows about a recycling program in the area for old/expired car seats? I would hate to throw them in the garbage... Or if anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thanks mamas 
Thanks for all your posts mamas. I didn't even realize it was for infants 6 months and up... Now I don't really know what to do especially if the release dates are in September even possibly October. I don't have an infant car seat and I'm not planning to buy one either. DS outgrew his by 3 months cause he had such a long torso... and I don't have that seat anymore. I'm not even sure yet how to place the 3 cars seat in our Yukon. The way my Radian is setup behind the...
Hello! I was just wondering if anybody can give me some infos on the new car seat coming out! I also see different coming out dates. I'm due in 3 weeks... So if it does come out around the 15th of this month I'll be ok, but if it's in September it could be a problem. I have a Radian R120 for our almost 3 years old and it will either be an other R120 or the new Foonf. Thanks so much for all your help with this one!
Ok I had to post a reply cause I just installed my angle adjuster and it didn't make a difference (maybe half an inch!). Should I be using the top tether or not? Cause it seems that when I tightened the strap the seat goes down even lower. Without the tether I would feel like the seat isn't safe enough for my son... So please let me know what you all think as we need to use the truck tomorrow. Thanks!
Thanks! I did order that :) Hopefully it will make a difference!
Hello everyone!   I just finished installing my new Radian R120. I had to replace a Swedish car seat we bought while living in Europe. I wish I could have kept it longer (even if it's illegal here) but it got damaged on our trip back to the USA. So all in all the install wasn't too bad, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to make the seat angle a little bit higher. It's rear-facing for my 2 and a half year old DS and we have a GMC Yukon and...
Hello mamas!    I'm not sure I'm in the right forum to ask this so please move me if I'm not!!!    I am now 15 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby. We would like to plan a very specail trip just my DH and I. I would be about 25 weeks pregnant by then. First, it would be an early 10th wedding anniversary celebration (the baby is actually due on our anniversary in August). Secondly, it would be the first time in 5 years (DS1 will be 5 in June and DS2 2 1/2) I leave...
Thanks Chickabiddy! I guess I will have to do that! Can you tell me then (since I have no idea really) which car seats in the USA are the best for long term RF? Maybe I'll just get the next one this summer in the US and bring it back with us to Europe for the next couple of years we have here and hopefully DS2 will be over 4yo when we get back, so we don't need our European seat anymore.