or Connect

Posts by AJ's mommy

Thanks ladies! I am not really worried about getting stop by the police cause like you said I don't think they would notice the car seats aren't from the USA. What I'm more concerned about is gettting involved in an accident with the kids in their European car seat when we move back in the USA! So we would not be considered visitors... although I have to say we still have a house in the USA so even if we only spend a few weeks there I wonder if we would be considered...
So families who live in Europe for a few years and buy their car seats there (obviously) but then return to the USA have to get rid of their expensive but ultra safe car seats because they are not certified by NHTSA??? I mean what am I suppose to do? I'm guessing if I buy a US car seat and bring it here then it will be illegal here but ok when I go back home... I can't afford to have 6 car seats!!!! I want my kids to be safe when we travel (and God knows we do a lot)......
Hello everyone,   I was wondering if any of you ordered a RFcing swedish car seat to use in the USA/Canada? I actually own a HI-Way by Britax that I bought 2 years ago. We are in Germany right now so that's why we did that. Plus Germans aren't so good with rear facing at all... at 9 months they turn their babies  ... Everytime we go back to the USA we bring it and use it in our truck there without any problems at all. Now we are expecting #3 and I want to get and...
Thanks AprilM! I will check their website out for sure and give them a call! Anybody else has any other names for backups? Thanks!
Hello everyone!   I'm 9 weeks along with 3rd baby and I would like to know if anyone knows of a good midwife that would do a home water birth in the Pittsburgh area (South Fayette to be more exact). Thanks! 
Hello! Due with our 3rd around August 22nd... but hoping for the birth on August 17th (our 10th wedding anniversary)... What a nice gift that would be!!! 
Hello! I know this was posted a while ago, but I haven't been on here in a while. So I fell like I'm new again  I'm in Dusseldorf! And I too don't know anybody who does things at least a little like me! I will be here until Spring 2012, then it's up in the air! I have 2 DS (4 1/2 and 2). It would be fun to get out of the house... 
UPDATE!!! Hello everyone! wow it's already been 2 years since my original post. We are still in Germany (and sorry to say still don't speak German... too many German speaks English ) So DS1 is 4 1/2 now and over the summer while we were home in the USA for a few months we received THE "invitation" for the Delfin4 test so when we came back we had received tons of letters. We had my DH employer translate and then after freaking out a bit (DS1 doesn't speak a word in German...
Hello! I'm Nathalie and I'm 33. This will be our 3rd baby! DS1 is 4 1/2 and DS2 is 26 months. I just found out yesterday... well tested yesterday but I knew I was pregnant. The due date calculator says my due date is around August 22nd... 5 days after our 10th year anniversary!!! DH is pretty in shock as this wasn't really planned (and even though I wanted a 3rd baby eventually, 2 was perfect for him). But I'm sure he will come around... I'm hoping for a girl, but it...
Like the others said, vaccination can be denied althought they (in my only experience) made me feel really self-concious about saying no for my DS2. But I held my ground     Silklunar, why then do I have the social services visiting me since November to go do the U6 and the U7a examinations  (I think those are the right ones) for DS1 who is 3 1/2 and DS2 who is 15 months now??? I keep telling them I'm waiting for our insurance cards to show up in the mail. And they...